Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pieces of Lime Timber

Options
  • 19-06-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hope this is ok to put up here? Not an ad of any kind. Don't know if they are of use to anyone but I have some pieces of lime wood. They came out of an old church organ and are beautifully coloured. They're about 18 inches long by 6 inches wide by about an inch deep. They do have small pieces of metal attached to either end and some have other small pieces of wood screwed onto them. Are these of any use to anyone for any project or to practise on? Seems such a waste to cut them up for the fire! Or are they completely useless?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Where abouts are you from? I'm just learning to carve and lime is a great wood for carving.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 teckel

Hope this is ok to put up here? Not an ad of any kind. Don't know if they are of use to anyone but I have some pieces of lime wood. They came out of an old church organ and are beautifully coloured. They're about 18 inches long by 6 inches wide by about an inch deep. They do have small pieces of metal attached to either end and some have other small pieces of wood screwed onto them. Are these of any use to anyone for any project or to practise on? Seems such a waste to cut them up for the fire! Or are they completely useless?

Wood carvers would benefit from this if you know any.
    Lovely wood to carve.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Pixie Chief

I'm from Laois if that's any use! Woodturner - You are welcome to it if it possible to work out a way of getting it to you. It would be lovely to see it go to a good home. PM me if you like and we will try to sort something.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I'll be passing through Portlaoise tomorrow on the way back from Kilkenny. I'm going down to a woodturning demonstration. Let me know where abouts you are and how big the pieces are. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Pixie Chief

woodturner wrote: »
    I'll be passing through Portlaoise tomorrow on the way back from Kilkenny. I'm going down to a woodturning demonstration. Let me know where abouts you are and how big the pieces are. Thanks again.

Sending pm now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement