Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

song i.d help

Options
  • 19-06-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭

I was listening to 2fm last night and a song came on that i have to find, it was just class. I can't google for it because there's no lyrics.
    It came on straight after "everyday people" by arrested development, around 1:15 AM.
    If anybody knows it or knows how to find out the name please tell me :)
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

A good rule of thumb on this is that if you find a song to be 'class' you are probably listening to The Sawdoctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Here man I'd appreciate if you kept the smart comments to yourself i only want to know the name of the song, sawdoctors are a load of bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

See if you can find a replay or podcast on 2fm website and use Shazam on it. Shazam is brilliant, i use it a good bit.

I've been looking through their playlists, i cant find one for the overnight show that they played the song on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Email the dj and see will you get a reply.

• Advertisement

I dont think there is a dj for the overnight show. Unless somebody here knows how to get a setlist of the overnight show i wont find the song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

defeatist much?

2 or 3 potential solutions provided to you there already and you've batted them all away...

Don't panic, your Mom will have your bottle warmed soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

So, do we know what the song is yet? For some reason I'm intrigued and really want to know now.
    Might have to go email 2fm myself to find out..

my friend wrote: »
    defeatist much?

2 or 3 potential solutions provided to you there already and you've batted them all away...

If you have nothing constructive to say on this thread then just fúck off!
    How were they solutions if i explained how they wont work?? You're literally no help to this thread whatsoever. Who knew the radio part of boards would be were all the dickheads hung out...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    If you have nothing constructive to say on this thread then just fúck off!
    How were they solutions if i explained how they wont work?? You're literally no help to this thread whatsoever. Who knew the radio part of boards would be were all the dickheads hung out...

It was suggested that you email the station or listen back to podcasts. You could email the head of music/programme director if there isn't an actual presenter for the show in question. They'll presumably be able to look back through station logs or to tell you if/when that particular show will be repeated.

Although frankly, if you - as a relative newbie to the radio forum - reply with this kind of ignorance, telling other posters to "fúck off" and calling them dickheads then why would anyone WANT to help you in the first place???

Use some bloody initiative, do a google search, find out who you have to get in touch with. That's if you're really bothered finding out the answer to your query, which - as you're not taking anyone's help seriously - it doesn't seem you are. Don't just lash out and be rude to people who are actually trying to help you, because that's just the height of ignorance and stupidity, in fairness.

• Advertisement

my friend wrote: »
    defeatist much?

Bard wrote: »

Although frankly, if you - as a relative newbie to the radio forum - reply with this kind of ignorance, telling other posters to "fúck off" and calling them dickheads then why would anyone WANT to help you in the first place???

Use some bloody initiative, do a google search, find out who you have to get in touch with. That's if you're really bothered finding out the answer to your query, which - as you're not taking anyone's help seriously - it doesn't seem you are. Don't just lash out and be rude to people who are actually trying to help you, because that's just the height of ignorance and stupidity, in fairness.

The post I quoted above you is helping me? I've done plenty of googling and listened through about 5 different replays on the 2fm site. I'm not brushing off peoples help, i just asked for some advice, then i received some reasonable help, then along comes some smart arse who has no intention of helping me, just talking bollocks and looking for thanks off other people to make his/her boring life seem meaningful. I didnt lash out and be rude at anybody that was trying to help me. that's the last thing i'd do while looking for help. If you can find any useful information in the other 2 peoples posts that i dismissed get back to me.
    You could email the head of music/programme director if there isn't an actual presenter for the show in question. They'll presumably be able to look back through station logs or to tell you if/when that particular show will be repeated.

Thanks very much I'll email the station now and ask for a copy of the setlist for the overnight show. Hopefully they get back to me by the end of the day, i need to hear that song again, there was just something about it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Enough of the abuse/sniping please folks, keep it civil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Overnights on 2fm are automated. They dont go through the logs to see what was played for people trying to ID a tune.

Perhaps you should explain the track in question.

Instrumental is all I have got do far. What else... other elements ?

(this thread could go for years otherwise)

It was mainly guitar based but it had a fast drum and bass loop, it was a dance song of sorts. Was like nothing I've heard before, that's why i want to find it again. By the sounds of the production it could have been a fairly modern song, but that's all speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Ok so I don't think we can do anymore here. Contact RTE they might help you scratch that itch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement