Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did AES get any better recently?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

I remember a thread some time ago with people complaining a lot about missed pickups, what's the story now? Did it change? Are they any better now? My contract with Binman is up soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

With them about 8 months no problems at all never missed a collection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Girlfriends parents had a missed collection. Rang them numerous times with no luck on the pick. They ended up picking it up two weeks later on the next scheduled pick up. Has only happened once though but in saying that they are only with them 6 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Try Clean Ireland - much cheaper and better than Binman!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Been with Aes since December and absolutely no hassle at all with them. OH still gets the reminder texts each night before the bins are due. I also find they tend to put the bin where they got it, not like previous providers who'd leave our bins out on the bloomin' road every Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Another happy AES customer here. No missed pick-ups so far and the reminder texts are a great thing. I never forget to put the bin(s) out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I maybe in Newport but I have been with AES since 2007 and never had an issue. You have to haggle them for a price. Get the best price you can from Mr Binman and tell AES that they can "get you" as a customer if they match that price. :cool:

I only have a large green bin and blue recycle bin. I have out and out refused the multiple bins they keep offering. Why pay the same and do more work, let them sort my rubbish. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Another happy AES customer here too. I find the reminder txts great too and have found them way cheaper than anyone else. I havent had any probs with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

ended up signing with ClearIreland, the current offer is "e42 off" which is 122/6 months comparing to 143 at Mr.Binman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Mc Love wrote: »

The only issue I have with Clean Ireland are their very noisey 5am pick-ups :mad: they wake me every two weeks without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Mc Love wrote: »

The only issue I have with Clean Ireland are their very noisey 5am pick-ups :mad: they wake me every two weeks without fail.

Yeah my neighbour has them and they wake us every week aswell around that time... Not good when you've young kids.
    We have binman and their trucks are much quieter.
    However they are more expensive and I've to go search for my bin regularly as they NEVER leave it where they got it.
    I wouldn't like to be pushing a pram down a footpath binman had recently collected from.
    Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I'm with AES and I'm very happy with the service, they were a bit slow to pick up at the beginning but as soon as they got sorted out I have never had another problem with them

Advertisement