Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Squeezebox Touch Wireless Music Player

Options
  • 19-06-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Amazon.co.uk Lightning Deals. Approx 175 Euros

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

OP try providing a link in future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Actually.. you need to go via the Lightning Deals page to get the reduction!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/deals-offers-savings/b/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27?ie=UTF8&node=350613011

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's an ok price but can be got cheaper from logitech when they have a sale on.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

Hi,

I know this deal has expired but in fairness to the OP I just want to explore the feedback a little. I considered posting about this myself as I thought it was an excellent price (much cheaper than anywhere I could find online), instead I just snapped it up and didn't bother posting as I figured it was inevitable that somebody would be just waiting to post negative feedback (nothing personal but I think this is an increasing trend that threatens the future of this forum).

Do you have evidence of Logitech selling this at a better price (i.e. when on sale)? I just checked the current sale and the closest I could find was this: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/special-offers/bundles/7463

Logitech Squeezebox™ Touch & Speaker System Z523 Bundle for GBP 329 (Special Deal).

For comparison with current Logitech deals, consider the OP's Amazon deal of Squeezebox for GBP135.29. Add in the Z523 at GBP 66.80 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980-000320-Z523-Speakers-Black/dp/B002MHYQJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340576084&sr=8-1 and the total comes to GBP202.09 (over GBP120 cheaper than the Logitech special deal). This being the only comparison available is not a good indication of the value of direct Logitech deals.

When I looked at the Squeezebox touch a while back Amazon had the best price I could find, even now Amazon is still pretty competitive but if you take the sale discount of 62.64 I find it hard to believe it it can be got cheaper than this (new). Buy it tonight and you pay GBP189 compared to GBP135.29 in the deal. It looks like you cannot even buy it on eBay at this price (not even on adverts.ie).

People who take time out of their day to post about a deal like this should be encouraged rather than being shot down by vague disparaging remarks!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

I bought one myself from Logitech a few weeks ago for approx 130e. It was in the special offers section as a blemished/damaged box item for £120 . Also used a 15% discount code I found online at the time. So it definitely can be got for cheaper than the OP price but all the same it was a good price and well worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭King Cantona

Jayprey wrote: »
    I bought one myself from Logitech a few weeks ago for approx 130e. It was in the special offers section as a blemished/damaged box item for £120 . Also used a 15% discount code I found online at the time. So it definitely can be got for cheaper than the OP price but all the same it was a good price and well worth it!

Do you have a link to the BA thread you posted at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OneWayBet wrote: »
    People who take time out of their day to post about a deal like this should be encouraged rather than being shot down by vague disparaging remarks!
    Amen... I've often said this on Bargain Alerts.

The attitude of some posters (I'm not naming names) can be bloody terrible round here.. there's constructive criticism on a bargain but snide remarks are unwelcome.

People need to remember Bargain Alerts is completely run by users.. and comments like this only have the potential to chastise these users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I was interested in getting a Squeezebox so entered the thread, but missed this offer.
    But on negative feedback issue, I think a rule that you shouldn't post any unless you have a link where the product, or a very similar product can be found cheaper.
    If you saw it cheaper, post the link. If it was only available at your super cheap price for a short time and isn't available at that price anymore, don't post, because the OP's price is still the best.

Anyway, if anyone knows the best place to get a squeezebox, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Anyway, if anyone knows the best place to get a squeezebox, let me know.

You can use a service such as CamelCamelCamel to track prices on Amazon you can get email alerts of price drops.

Other than that keep an eye on the blemished box section of the Logitech store and then google for discount codes before you purchase.

Sorry I can't give you anything more concrete than that.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

210282.JPG

http://buy.logitech.com/store/logieu/DisplayCategoryProductListFullStorePage/themeID.26070100/categoryID.56302100

its £168 on the logitech VIP store, with a further tenner off if you have a code.
    if you can access it...

a little dearer than the OP, but not the worst.

• Advertisement

How do you become a VIP? Is the VIP login a once off invite or is it a status that you achieve through past purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

Do you have a link to the BA thread you posted at the time?

Saw the post here - completely forgot to go back to add to it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77634637

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

How do you become a VIP? Is the VIP login a once off invite or is it a status that you achieve through past purchases?
    i think a few months after you buy something they send you an invite to it.
    i didnt do anything special anyway, but i have made 4 or 5 purchases rfom them over the years

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ok - Hang on a minute here. Apologies for not elaborating earlier but I was on mobile at the time.
    My comment was neither vague or disparaging!
    It was 100 % fact, the OP's price was decent (as I said) and I was making people aware that Logitech themselves have sales on and the squeeze box can be got for cheaper from them.

If you had bothered to do some homework you would have found many threads about the squeexebox / logitech and the discounts that can be obtained.
    The link below comes top of the list if you had searched BA
    Saw the post here - completely forgot to go back to add to it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77634637

While I do appreciate your point of view I was trying to help.
    Maybe you should consider that some other posters may actually know what they are talking about.

Hi mik_da_man, while I did interpret your remark as disparaging (perhaps incorrectly) my post was mainly to highlight a trend of negative responses to people trying to offer others a chance to grab a bargain. A bit more info in your original post would have been helpful to avoid misinterpretation but anyway no offense intended so sorry if the followup seems over the top.

BTW Got my Squeezebox today, what a huge upgrade over my trusted old Roku Soundbridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

I got my Squeezebox touch. Toyed around it for 2 days. Had lots of trouble to have my Twonky media Server and the LMS on the same machine. The device is very nice, but does not work on my setup. Planning to return it. Anyone interested in taking it off me?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

... BTW Got my Squeezebox today, what a huge upgrade over my trusted old Roku Soundbridge :)
    Great thing is if you run the Squeezebox Server, it also has a very good audio DLNA client so your old Soundbridge can be used in kitchen or bedroom. Also, if you have an Android phone, the 'Remote for Soundbridge' app works well too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement