Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mosfet of ak receiver

Options
  • 19-06-2012 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

could anyone recommend me a decent mosfet that will fit in the top section of an ak receiver.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

What are you looking for out of the MOSFET?

Black Talon Industries (formerly known as AWS) are bringing out a MOSFET for V2, V3, & V7 gearboxes called the Chimera, which has the same kind of features as the AWS Raptor, so that is definitely worth looking into.

However, if you're not too pushed, and just want a basic relay between battery & gearbox, then just have a look into the basic MOSFET's - they're not that expensive. It's the control unit's that drive up the cost i.e. things like 3rd burst etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Thanks Inari.

I joined airsoft mechanics to try find a bit more about them and by the sounds and spec the designer had up there its sounds perfect . I sent him some pics and dimensions and he got back to me with in the day conferming it will work with the Rs v3 gearboxes and will fit in the top of the receiver.

I was going to pre-order (there out in a week or two) but Ill wait and see what the reviews are saying.

Here is a link but ull have to join to have a look.
    http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php/topic,6908.0.html
    Thanks again for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JFAirsofter

Inari wrote: »

Black Talon Industries (formerly known as AWS)

just to build on what you said there, are is this why everytime i go to AWS website it says site discontinued, any chance you have a link to his new site or does he have one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

No new site as of yet but the link i posted is to Frank (the owner and developer) tread at Airsoft Mechanics. Its kept up to date in all the developments.

Advertisement