Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devils Glen Waterfall

Options
  • 18-06-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Has anyone been to the Devils Glen Waterfall near Ashford?? Can you walk next to the river on the way to the waterfall or is it all up high away from the river? I'm looking to get close enough to the river, not necessarily near the falls, to get some photos of water flowing over rocks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

7397541276_0fb8e40e6f_z.jpg
    Devil's Glen Waterfall by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

Its fairly easy to walk to the waterfall, There are 2 entrances to the woods, I usually drive in at the upper entrance and follow the drive down as far as you can go to a car park. Then you can walk for about 15 mins along a pathway which is higher than the river but you drop down and walk along the river edge to the waterfall.
    7397536366_a263206c8c_z.jpg
    Devil's Glen by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    Photos are from February this year. Its a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ellie1511

Thanks pixbyjohn. Got there late on Sun, didn't think the carpark would close as early as 5pm!! We walked a little way along the route from the left corner at the back of the carpark but we seemed to be way above the river. It obviously drops down further along. Will have to try again! Love the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scr33n

The upper walkway does eventually go down to the river level but it's a fairly long walk, I'd imagine a good hour or so, usually a bit too far to make with small kids in tow anyway :rolleyes:

scr33n wrote: »
    The upper walkway does eventually go down to the river level but it's a fairly long walk, I'd imagine a good hour or so, usually a bit too far to make with small kids in tow anyway :rolleyes:
    You are probably correct but I do it ocassionally with my 2 grand kids, 7.5 and 2.5 years old.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

an hour? i'd say it's half an hour at most at a normal walking pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

an hour? i'd say it's half an hour at most at a normal walking pace.

Have you ever walked anywhere with a 2+1/2 year old ? Even the smallest of distances can turn into magical fun filled curiosity adventures. You get nowhere fast. Oh look ! An ant ! now there's TWO ants ! Daddy ! DADDY LOOK ANOTHER ANT ! This can go on for quite a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

God forbid they find a spider catching a fly in its web. No shifting the buggers and a spider eating a fly can be quite a slow process.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Have you ever walked anywhere with a 2+1/2 year old ?
    they're 2 1/2, which means they're (somewhat) portable. pick them up!

BUT DADDY DADDY DADDY THE ANTS ! *portable child unit starts screaming and kicking, swiftly gets put back on the ground the examine ants again*

• Advertisement

I actually can't decide what's more disturbing, the department it's in, the 'Frequently bought together' section, the "What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?" bit, or the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section :eek: The reviews, I assume, are mostly tongue in cheek.

There's also the small matter of you suggesting its use on a small child, but we'll overlook that. We've all been there on occasion...

i'm sure it has a strength dial. you don't need to set it on 11 all the time.

Why pick them up when they are happy enough to walk. Its nice to walk at a leisurely pace :D

Advertisement