Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS while waiting on appeal...

Options
  • 18-06-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Sooo confused....

I have an appeal in for invalidity pension. CWO wont give us anything as partner works full time and earns over € 402 threshold for family with 3 children.Not entitled to JB in the interim. Apparantly we are not entitled to back to school allowance cos Im not receiving social welfare. Doesnt make sense , cos if i was receiving it i would be entitled. Anyway , my question is now that I have no income for the forseeable future , can we apply for FIS and cancel FIS if the appeal is granted ? Receiving really vague info , so thought Id ask here. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as i can see you can, as the working person applies. If fis decide your sw payment would be higher they will just close the fis claim, but will pay you from the date you applied. 20 week wait though :0

Advertisement