Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gaming/Video Rendering PC Build

Options
  • 18-06-2012 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey all I was wondering if ye could help me with my first gaming PC.
    I want it to perform well with modern games (Skyrim, Battlefield 3 etc..) but the settings don't need to be ultra. Just so it out classes console graphics and runs smoothly when recording with Fraps.
    For that I presume I need at least 8GBs of RAM and I want 1TB of disk space but that's where I need your help!

1. What is your budget? €500-€600

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming and video editing/rendering. Games include Skyrim and Battlefield 3. Should be able to cope with those games and Fraps running at the same time.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1360 x 768. No but I plan on getting a second monitor. Samsung 19" D450 LCD TV if you could find a cheap one or any other monitor that would match?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Gaming keyboard and mouse would be nice, not essential at the moment however. No need for speakers or wireless card.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If the processor is easy to overclock then yes.

8. How can you pay? Paypal

9. When are you purchasing? Next week or two.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Kerry, should be ok though.

Advertisement