Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few quick questions JSA/JSB

Options
  • 18-06-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Few quick questions that I hope someone can help me with.

I got a letter from the DSP this morning regarding my JSB. Basicly it says my JSB is due to stop soon and if I want to claim JSA I must fill up the attached forms and return them. I signed on at the start of last december after being on a FAS Community employment scheme for 13months before that.

Would my stamps/credits be used up so soon? I was sure I would be allowed 12months on JSB after being on the FAS scheme? Or do they sent out these letters really early?

On the first question on the applaction for JSA it asks who lives in the house with you and how much they earn. It says 'we require household compositon data to assist us in assessing whether you have an entitlement to fule allowance'.

Dose this mean I do not have to fill in the earnings if I do not wish to claim fuel allowance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Also is a cohabitant the same or different as a parent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

no you have to fill in the other people info regardless of fuel allowance issue, fuel allowance is only granted if you are long term unemployed so over a year therefore if the other occupant of the house is long term unemployed they may be entitled to fuel allowance as may you

also im not sure of the exact number of days but no JSB is not for 12mths I thought that too but there was a thread on here recently which stated the amount of days and it was a whole lot less than 365, think they dont take into account weekends, so they form they send out is normally a month to 6wks before you run out it was for me anyway, next time your sign on ask them how many days you have left and they will tell you

I would presume a cohabitant would be your partner and not your parent as they seek couples living together as cohabitants but maybe someone else could clear that up, if not give them a ring and see or again if your over signing on ask them if its not answered here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you were on jsb prior to doing the fas scheme afaik the claims link so therefore you could be close to exhausting your benefit. Benefit lasts for 234 days or 312 days depending on the number of contributions you have paid in total. I cant remember what class stamp you pay while on the ce scheme but if its class A you may re-qualify for jsb as you would have more than likely paid 13 a class contributions after day 156 of your jsb claim. Go into the office and ask them for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

You will receive an A stamp while on a CE scheme so you might requalify for JB depending on your contributions from 2010. The system will send you out the UP1X (JA after JB exhaust) form automatically 10 weeks in advance of your claim expiring. The form is only triggered based on the number of days on claim and it will not take into account the fact that you might requalify. Contact your local office and they should be able to see at this stage if you will requalify and then you might not need to apply for JA but a new JB claim. If it is a new JB claim you will have waiting days again and lose the first 3 days of your new claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Ok cheers folks. I think the best thing to do is call into my local social office? I called into the local fas office today and the guy reckoned I should of got stamps for 12months

• Advertisement
Advertisement