Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwifery (Information Please!!!)

Options
  • 18-06-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm 18 Years old I left school in 5th year (biggest mistake) but i started a fas course and completed a Level 3 FETAC (not much use) kind of just equivalent to junior cert even do i already have it done. Anyway now im doing a level 4 applied employment skills im finished this in October But with these little qualifications is it possible for me to be a midwife like what would i have to do whats the steps from here?..Pleaseee help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LuLu2012

Ok I've just been reading up and i've seen another one called doula Anyone one of these or have experience how did you become part of this is there a course?..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Twink555

You could apply for a Pre nursing course (FETAC Level 5).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LuLu2012

Twink555 wrote: »
    You could apply for a Pre nursing course (FETAC Level 5).

Aw okay and would that allow me to get into college??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mrs. Draper

Hi LuLu - I know I'm a bit late with this one but I hope I'm not too late!! I really think that the minimum requirement for midwifery is the leaving cert so i would definitely advise you to go back to do that. After that you have two options: you can apply through the CAO and get onto the course that way through the points system. The leaving cert points for midwifery this year ranged from 440-460, and you still aren't guaranteed a place. The other option is to wait until you are 23 and apply as a mature student. You will need to sit an aptitude test and attend an interview also (although i think they may have cut out the interview part). I had the same questions as you a couple of years back and now I'm almost qualified so my advice is go get it! You seem like you really want to do this and I'm sure you would make a lovely midwife - it might seem like a long road ahead but it will absolutely fly.

Advertisement