Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Stick & iMac

Options
  • 17-06-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope you can help. I bought a 16gb tough n tiny Verbatim memory stick. My workplace has begun using encryption software on their peecee's. Since I use mac they suggested I use Truecrypt for both my home mac and work peecee. Whatever is wrong - I can see my memory stick on the peecee but not on iMac. It's fat32 formatted - it works on a separate work iMac but not on my home iMac. I can't find it with terminal or disk utility. My other memory sticks work - Help!!!

Thanks

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,385 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I've been using PCs since they came with 512KB RAM as standard and I've never seen one referred to as a 'peecee'. Do you have to grit your teeth every time you have to work with one?

There is a separate forum for Macs, this forum is for iPods and iPhones.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

karlitob wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hope you can help. I bought a 16gb tough n tiny Verbatim memory stick. My workplace has begun using encryption software on their peecee's. Since I use mac they suggested I use Truecrypt for both my home mac and work peecee. Whatever is wrong - I can see my memory stick on the peecee but not on iMac. It's fat32 formatted - it works on a separate work iMac but not on my home iMac. I can't find it with terminal or disk utility. My other memory sticks work - Help!!!

Thanks

G

You might get more help here at the Mac forum: Mac Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭karlitob

whiterebel wrote: »
    You might get more help here at the Mac forum: Mac Forum

Thanks but am I not in the mac forum.

Can anyone help with the above please. Its very frustrating and not sure what I am doing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If its bit locker they are using (Windows 7/Vista standard) then it will not work on a Mac unless your running windows, if its truecrypt they use download truecrypt on the mac and see?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    If its bit locker they are using (Windows 7/Vista standard) then it will not work on a Mac unless your running windows, if its truecrypt they use download truecrypt on the mac and see?

Nick

thanks

both my mac and work PC run truecrypt

My work mac works fine with truecrypt and recognises my memory stick.

My home mac doesnt but recognises everything else.

Blah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Have you tried all the ports....I have one that will only work in one port of my work Mac. All the ports work fine with other flash drives, connectors so i have no idea why that drive only works in one. It also takes a while to show up compared to other flash drives. Works fine on my Mac book pro, so I know the stick is fine itself....

Hi all,

I just plugged the memory stick into a USB hub that is plugged into the mac. It works!.

Why would it not work directly into the USB port but works in a hub instead.
    Love to get some answers to this.

Advertisement