Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qs re tattoos on side of foot

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just be careful not to get it too low down as the ink won't hold well. I got the top of my foot done and was in work that afternoon so was wearing shoes and standing all day. Now that was on the top of my foot and not in the location you want so I couldn't tell you how comfortable/uncomfortable it would be to wear shoes. Also depends on the type of shoe. So yes it's ok to wear shoes! Price wise I'd say it'd be minimum rate which is usually anywhere from €70-100 but best ring around or call in to places and get quotes. Also go with the artist you're happy with and not the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hey, I have a tattoo on the side of my foot, asked the tattoo artist would it be ok in that position with regards to fading etc, was told all would be grand...

This is how it looked maybe 2 weeks after getting it done initially:
    IMG_0117_2.jpg

This is how it looked when I went to Snakebite to repair as much of the damage as I could:
    88_Tattoo.jpg

This is how it looks now (That was back in November I think):
    IMG_0042_1.jpg

Strangely, it doesn't actually bother me any more, I love it, but I could easily hate it for what happened. So just be careful, and make sure your artist knows what they're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

dashdoll wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals,

Am getting a tattoo on the very side of my foot....something along this area and have a few qs.

Hoping for something this size but lower down on my foot.

Im wondering about healing time for something like this...Is it ok to wear shoes in the days after cos with work and so on I would have to...can't choose to go barefoot for more than a few days, over a weekend or something!

Also, am going to ring around tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what something this kinda size would cost...4 /6 words depending on which one I go for!

Thanks a mil :)

hey i got this done about 5 years ago in
    Dragon Tattoo Talbot Street
    i have never had a problem with it except for when it was healing my sock took away a tiny piece of ink got it touched up and its kept its colour really well thank god

22676129971125837175601.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Hey squishyskins...how long would you have had the tattoo in the last pic?
    That's pretty much identical to where I want to get one, dont mind it being retouched but every two weeks...I think not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

bradyle wrote: »
    Hey squishyskins...how long would you have had the tattoo in the last pic?
    That's pretty much identical to where I want to get one, dont mind it being retouched but every two weeks...I think not...

Well I got it done initially last July, last time I got it touched up was January...I think, I'm terrible for dates! I was considering getting it touched up again when I got my last tattoo in March, but I know if I keep getting it touched up it'll just end up looking worse, so I've made peace with it :P

Also about your other question, didn't have any problems wearing shoes afterwards, just had it in clingfilm in my sock on the way home, but I did it in a time where I knew I wouldn't really have to go anywhere for 2-3 weeks, so I could let it breathe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement