Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feile Brian Boru 2012

Options
  • 17-06-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

Well it's that time of the year again.

Feile Brian Boru kicks off in Killaloe/Ballina on June 21st :)

http://www.feilebrianboru.com/

It looks like there are more events added this year, I'm a bit miffed though that the table quiz will clash with Mary Coughlans performance. :(

Lets hope it's a huge success! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Well has anybody attended anything so far?

I am working nights at the moment so have not participated in anything.
    My daughter took part in the parade today and loved it.

Anybody interested in a bit of a Boards meet next Saturday night for the last night of the festival? Fireworks and all!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

We did the tour of the Cathedral on Saturday. It was really interesting. Considering I've lived next to it for 21 years,it was about time I think ;)
    Getting to the tower is very safe too btw. There are proper stairs now. ( Of course I presumed the old stone steps would still be used) You even get a turn to ring the bells :D:D

We got the glad rags on for the Ukelele concert Saturday night but it was cancelled :(

I'd love to meet up,but I understand some people might prefer to remain annonymous ;) We probably know each other already anyway :cool:

I actually was not thinking when I was on about a boards meet. Sat night I have my 30th!!! Silly me lol.

Would have been a great idead anyway IMO

We'll just find out where theres a 30th on so and stalk you :D

Chucken wrote: »
    We'll just find out where theres a 30th on so and stalk you :D

LOL. Tis no secret. It is in JDs. Ye are more than welcome!

• Advertisement

So,anyone doing the quiz tonight? Or going to see Mary Coughlan?
    We're doing the quiz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

My daughter told me about a 'Beat on the street' teenage disco in Ballina tonight.
    Can't find details in festival programme.
    ANyone know when it starts , finishes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My daughter told me about a 'Beat on the street' teenage disco in Ballina tonight.

'Spin on the Street' is on tonight, Friday 29th June - 9:00 pm

The Green, Killaloe.
    Admission - Free

Beat on the Street returns with a bigger and better stage, rig and PA than ever before. Come along and dance the night away with DJ Nessa Harney from Spin Southwest Radio.

http://www.feilebrianboru.com/event/spin-on-the-street/#.T-2gs7V8C8A

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've just had a flashback to "Beat in the Street" in Abbey Street in Ennis with Electro Eddie and 7Up, good gawd it was terrible

MrsD007 wrote: »
    'Spin on the Street' is on tonight, Friday 29th June - 9:00 pm

The Green, Killaloe.
    Admission - Free

http://www.feilebrianboru.com/event/spin-on-the-street/#.T-2gs7V8C8A

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Would love to know approx when it finishes. Difficult to give permission to a kid to go to a disco if I don't know if it's over at 11pm or 1.00am.:confused:

• Advertisement

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Would love to know approx when it finishes. Difficult to give permission to a kid to go to a disco if I don't know if it's over at 11pm or 1.00am.:confused:
    You could email the organisers, I'd say that it will be over by 11pm as it is a teenage event.

http://www.feilebrianboru.com/contact/

Clareman wrote: »
    I've just had a flashback to "Beat in the Street" in Abbey Street in Ennis with Electro Eddie and 7Up, good gawd it was terrible
    LOL:D I was at that, it was BRILLIANT!!!! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It was brilliant at the time, I just facebook stalked the girl I went to it to meet, the years have not been kind to her (not that they have been to me either), being turned down for the shift back then was a big thing, being turned down and then having her shift your best mate half an hour later was devastating.

Finishes around 11pm if anyone is interested.

We went to the the Harp Orchestra in the Cathedral tonight. It was really lovely.

Looking forward to the pageant and the fireworks tomorrow night...and maybe a drink in JD's ;)

The Feile Pageant

Saturday 30th June - 8:00 pm

The Green, Killaloe.
    Free event
    History comes to life, with street theatre, music and a cast of hundreds.

The Feile Pageant as Aoibheal, fairy goddess of Brian Boru,the Dalcais and the O’Briens re-affirms her presence and her powers in Killaloe. Expect spectacle…expect drama…expect fun…expect the unexpected.

Fireworks over the River Shannon in Killaloe

Saturday 30th June - 10:30 pm

Ballina Quay to Killaloe Green.
    Free event
    We welcome back to Killaloe/Ballina, Rocket Pyrotechnics Ireland to showcase a stunning Firework display over our beautiful River Shannon to celebrate Féile Brian Ború 2012.

I'm just home from the fireworks display and I must say they were absolutely fantastic :)

Well done to the Feile Brian Boru organising committee!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm just home from the fireworks display and I must say they were absolutely fantastic :)

Well done to the Feile Brian Boru organising committee!

x2. It was a spectacular event. Over 20minutes of fireworks over the water and the reflection of light was just brilliant. Well done.

Brilliant display :)
    Did anyone notice the poor ducks and birds being woken up by them :(

I guess I was Killwill's only stalker then? ;)
    Lovely to meet you sir! Hope the rest of your night was great.

Advertisement