Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Card Application

Options
  • 17-06-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I have just applied for a medical card for the first time. Does anyone know what the waiting time is for my application to be processed. I am guessing it will be a long wait!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

I belive it is taking about 6 weeks providing you have all of your documentation sent in with the application. If they have to write out to you looking for bank statements, SW receipts etc., it seems to cause them problems and it can take months to issue cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

unless things have improved drastically in the last few months (although I read somewhere that they had) I reckon you will have a wait of 2/3 months. Mine took more than 5 months to process (for a renewal) and they lost my documents, so I would suggest you copy everything you send in to them

They should never have centralised the Registration Unit imho

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I applied online and got it within a month. Think you should have the card 21 workings day from when they receive your paper work back to their offices

Advertisement