Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Science UCC v's Social Care CIT

Options
  • 16-06-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all!
    New to boards so this may have been posted before.
    I have applied to both of the above courses through CAO as a mature student and have heard both good and not so good feedback on both courses. I think I want UCC but I'm not 100% sure! Is there anyone here who has done or is doing either of these courses that can give me some general information, how you are finding it, is it interesting etc etc! I have an interview for CIT on Monday!

Thanks a million! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cookiecake

hey . I have just completed one year in ucc in social science . Must say I would recommed it highy . Ucc is more central to the city where as cit is a bit out , ucc is also a 5 star college and a university not an it . Looks better in Cvs in my experience. The course itself is very broad and was enjoyable . Whatever you do choose, Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AlfieBear

hi cookiecake
    thanks for the reply! i received a place on social science in ucc and ive accepted! looking forward to september now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

AlfieBear wrote: »
    Hi all!
    New to boards so this may have been posted before.
    I have applied to both of the above courses through CAO as a mature student and have heard both good and not so good feedback on both courses. I think I want UCC but I'm not 100% sure! Is there anyone here who has done or is doing either of these courses that can give me some general information, how you are finding it, is it interesting etc etc! I have an interview for CIT on Monday!

Thanks a million! :)

Apart from the location of the colleges the courses are slightly different and will qualify you to do different things!

Make sure you know what qualification you want before proceeding!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AlfieBear

Frowzy wrote: »
    Apart from the location of the colleges the courses are slightly different and will qualify you to do different things!

Make sure you know what qualification you want before proceeding!

Thanks Frowzy :)

Advertisement