Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google images copyright

Options
  • 16-06-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Not sure if I have the write place for this -
    I am writing a little book at the moment. I want to include some images of some famous buildings and the logos of some well known companies. All the images I want are on google images. What is the situation with using images from here? Is it necessary to get permission from the photographer. Some of the images when you click on them, link into a website or to a newspaper article - is it ok to copy and paste or am I breaking the law?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You will need permission for any logos you use and you will need permission from the copyright holder for any images you use. Just because they are on Google dosen't make them free.
    Check out StockPhoto suppliers where you might find the images you need for small change or try searching through http://creativecommons.org/ Creative Commons - free shared images.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Thank you very much - that is very helpful

Advertisement