Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

score/min

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

How is what SPM even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    How is what SPM even possible?

^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Talkin' 'bout scores......what would a good SPM be? 700 or so?

SPM is pointless you could have a great spm and be a rubbish player just spamming med packs and ammo packs on metro would get you an spm up on 1500 but you could be slaughtered by other players ,

700 would be very good though yes
    average would prob be 300-400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

SPM is pointless you could have a great spm and be a rubbish player just spamming med packs and ammo packs on metro would get you an spm up on 1500 but you could be slaughtered by other players ,

Seen a few Rambo's with the 700 while i am down at 300 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

How is this score pre minute even possible
    whoops forgot to link
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/ReneGer_Lach/stats/637364504/

10,000+ kills to 100 deaths. 10,000+ SPM. 10 W/L.

Isn't it obvious? Boosting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Hacker Probably Definitely

Just played with him there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's a team objective based game. If you primarily get your points from ammo/med packs, spotting and capturing objectives instead of kills it doesn't matter. You're still helping your team to win.

I'm generally not a fan of FPS games and as a result I'm not very good at the shooting side of this game, so my K/D is awful, but my W/L is positive because I help my team. Up until recently I was in the top 0% for objectives per minute on XBL.

K/D is probably the worst way to judge a players worth in this game. 12/0 - 1200 points YEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It's a team objective based game. If you primarily get your points from ammo/med packs, spotting and capturing objectives instead of kills it doesn't matter. You're still helping your team to win.

I'm generally not a fan of FPS games and as a result I'm not very good at the shooting side of this game, so my K/D is awful, but my W/L is positive because I help my team. Up until recently I was in the top 0% for objectives per minute on XBL.

K/D is probably the worst way to judge a players worth in this game. 12/0 - 1200 points YEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

i know what your saying and i agree with k/d being unimportant depending on game mode ;), but guys spamming ammo and medpacks are only handy on maps like metro that are chaos , in reality you need players that will back you up aswell and know what to do capturing a point .
    i have spent rounds doing boring stuff like sending up a mav and just spotting enemies or repairing a tank to help my team , but i have also been on teams that get hammered round after round because all they so is stay at their base and are afraid to leave , if you are new to the game, start out like this yes and support your squad but you should be trying to become a more rounded player capable of doing anything includeing going on the attack etc :)
    granted im a poor enough jet pilot so do need practice at that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If you are aggressively capturing objectives then your K/D will take a hit unless you are one of the better players of the game, particularly if you are playing the more mental maps like Metro and Seine.

My SPM is around 450 and my K/D around 1.2 (Xbox) but my K/D would be miles higher if more players were less worried about their own K/D and more worried about actually capturing the objectives and winning the game. It's like people don't realise they can respawn. Half of my MVP ribbons have come with negative K/D.

And Spannermonkey, I'm not sure if you play on consoles but good squad members who throw out ammo and med packs are a rare commodity. And I couldn't give a **** if one of my teammates keeps dying whilst trying to capture objectives. He is far superior to the guy sniping from a mile away spotting the odd inconsequential gimp running between objectives.

• Advertisement

@Phlegymoses what are you on about :confused:

i play on the pc user name Fianoglach_Airm and my own k/d is only 1.25 , im not a stay back sniper i have 9 flag capture medals , i usually play on TS with other people and ask for a ammo pack if i need it or use the commo rose if i play alone
    i dont give a ****e about k/d , where did i say i did :confused:?? the only place it matters is in deathmatch which i dont play much , i have no problem with guys that die trying to capture places where did i say i did .
    i HAVE a problem with guys that dont try capture , and just stay in the base spamming packs for points or medics that revive you time after time after time in front of a firing squad , and saying you can just not accept the revive is bull because your usually insta killed too quickly . or snipers that stay on a hill hitting no one ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Nah, not having a go and certainly not suggesting you're one of the guys who doesn't play objective.

My point was more that I have very little issues with the guys spamming medic packs and revives than the guys who don't play the objective and to whom K/D means everything. It's pretty much the only thing that bothers me in the game.

My point about consoles is that I suspect that you have a far higher incidence of players who actually play as a team on the PC relative to consoles so team players are a godsend when none of your buddies are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Iv a SPM of 780 and a K/D of 2.456 yet i take objectives and im the first into most rooms full of enemy soldiers, just cause someone has a good SPM or K/D doesn't mean they spamming packs or sitting back.

But as you said there is defo more team players on PC then Console at least thats what iv noticed when playing on the PS3 and PC

Iv a SPM of 780 and a K/D of 2.456 yet i take objectives and im the first into most rooms full of enemy soldiers, just cause someone has a good SPM or K/D doesn't mean they spamming packs or sitting back.

But as you said there is defo more team players on PC then Console at least thats what iv noticed when playing on the PS3 and PC

ya but your a total Hacker mick :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

you man has only ever destroyed one vehicle.. lol :D

noticed this on the top of his profile page as his profile comment thingy
    WWW.X3M-CLAN.EU ist the best ever^^ We do not cheat, we just play better...^^

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

The guy linked to in the first post has had his stats reset. Not just Score/Minute, Kills/Deaths, and Wins/Losses stats as with the Premium option. His guns, assignments, everything. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

From the look of it he may not have been on since last night :) , it'll be a nice surprise for him today.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Varik wrote: »
    From the look of it he may not have been on since last night :) , it'll be a nice surprise for him today.

Not really, he is hacking away again

He's back to ruining peoples games. So I've reported him again.

And just as hackerboy reached Eagle 24 he's got his stats wiped again. 2nd wipe should mean he's banned.

I'll check again next week during the double XP week. And maybe again during the double XP month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

My SPM is currently about 615, K/D about 3.2, with a Win/Loss sitting around 2.7

To be honest I dont care about SPM or KD, I am working on raising my W/L to at least 3. but with days like today I dont know why I bother.. constant disconnects, and joining games just as it says "Your Team Lost"

Advertisement