Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm sorry but WHAT?!!!

Options
  • 16-06-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

Took this off the local piercers facebook page, they just posted it. Eh hellz to the no I don't think so

533359_434590529904810_1553530764_n.jpg

600837_434590509904812_1769359590_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gruenchen

Thats for earrings isn't it, got mine done with the "pistol" years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Is it a proper piercing studio or a jewelers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

It depends on your definition of 'proper' peach but yes it is a piercing studio, not a jewellers!

That's mad! If a place uses a gun for just one type of piercing, I wouldn't trust them to do any type of piercing of me. There's a jewelers in my town in Ireland that does lobes with guns, and other things with needles, I have bad experiences with both types of piercings from them, as they knew very little about proper aftercare.

They think a gun is ok in any circumstance is a red flag for me to stay well away.

That's mad! If a place uses a gun for just one type of piercing, I wouldn't trust them to do any type of piercing of me. There's a jewelers in my town in Ireland that does lobes with guns, and other things with needles, I have bad experiences with both types of piercings from them, as they knew very little about proper aftercare.

They think a gun is ok in any circumstance is a red flag for me to stay well away.

Before I knew they were a crap piercer they did this to me: (which is how I know they were crap. It looked a LOT worse than this at times btw)

?ui=2&ik=6666e80dcc&view=att&th=137befb31b903220&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1403978974219993088-1&zw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

read this a while back:
    http://news.bmezine.com/2005/01/31/do-piercing-guns-suck-bme-reviews-the-studex-system-75-the-publishers-ring/

Bmezine figure this eliminates a lot of the problems associated with older piercing guns, their verdict was that they'd almost give them the thumbs up (for earlobe piercing ONLY) if their test models hadn't fallen apart and if they weren't going to be used by untrained people in jewellers etc.

If it's a proper piercing studio using them only if specifically requested by the piercee, and on earlobes only, then I'd nearly say it's ok. I would be quite wary of a place actually posting that image on facebook, it seems very strange that they'd do that.

I got my tragus done in the jewelers, with a needle and I think it was done well. But the problem I had with it was the aftercare advice. The had me buy a bottle of some kind of alcohol/chemical solution, clean it with that they said. Needless to say a disgusting infection and a keloid developed. I had my lobes done there also, they didn't give me a choice of a gun or a needle.

This was all before DamoElDiablo gave me shpeels and telling offs about good piercing guidelines :pac:

finality wrote: »
    read this a while back:
    http://news.bmezine.com/2005/01/31/do-piercing-guns-suck-bme-reviews-the-studex-system-75-the-publishers-ring/

Bmezine figure this eliminates a lot of the problems associated with older piercing guns, their verdict was that they'd almost give them the thumbs up (for earlobe piercing ONLY) if their test models hadn't fallen apart and if they weren't going to be used by untrained people in jewellers etc.

If it's a proper piercing studio using them only if specifically requested by the piercee, and on earlobes only, then I'd nearly say it's ok. I would be quite wary of a place actually posting that image on facebook, it seems very strange that they'd do that.

Very interesting article, but this part literally made me recoil in fear away from the screen.
    The interesting thing about the System 75™ though, and the real reason I’m reviewing it, is that it’s designed to bridge gun technology into much more than just ear or nose piercing — it’s designed to be able to pierce nipples, navels, eyebrows, and more

I don't care if its a piercing gun from the future, there are parts of my body its never going near.

Aaaaaah I posted before I finished reading, they go on to describe a navel piercing. GORY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Very interesting article, but this part literally made me recoil in fear away from the screen.

I don't care if its a piercing gun from the future, there are parts of my body its never going near.

Aaaaaah I posted before I finished reading, they go on to describe a navel piercing. GORY!

I squirmed at reading the navel piercing part, can't believe someone would volunteer for that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I saw a nipple (Male) done with a piercing gun before.It was actually in Fibbers one night.Some randomer going around giving free piercings with a gun.

You want to see the damage that did to a nipple.
    The stud part was buried in the flesh surrounding the nipple and had to be cut out.

Not nice.Maybe for lobes but no way for other piercings.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I saw a nipple (Male) done with a piercing gun before.It was actually in Fibbers one night.Some randomer going around giving free piercings with a gun.

You want to see the damage that did to a nipple.
    The stud part was buried in the flesh surrounding the nipple and had to be cut out.

Not nice.Maybe for lobes but no way for other piercings.

I really wish you had put spoilers around that :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I really wish you had put spoilers around that :(

Sorry :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think the worst thing with that 'new gun' thing, is they tried to design it with body piercing in mind, and not just lobes, so what do they do with the jewellery for it?

Mildly pointed, externally threaded posts... *shudders* Imagine the damage done by one of those things tearing through any part of your body? D:

I think the worst thing with that 'new gun' thing, is they tried to design it with body piercing in mind, and not just lobes, so what do they do with the jewellery for it?

Mildly pointed, externally threaded posts... *shudders* Imagine the damage done by one of those things tearing through any part of your body? D:

I think it is bad enough this thing exists. But this person passes themself off as a reputable piercer (now they may have done plenty of piercings that worked, but if they cannot tell when a body part is not suitable for piercing.....imagine someones tongue!!!) and they are suggesting people get pierced with these. I think it is disgraceful. No proper piercer would go within a mile of these things, and cheap ear piercing is not worth it (now I had my ears gunned, but the mother got them done for me when I was four - I don't remember asking for them). If you canni afford to pay a piercer to needle you, you canni get it done. To save for it shows some semblance of adult thinking, which in my opinion is a pre-requesit of being pierced or tattooed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Is there anything being done to educate people about this? I've had my cartilage pierced in the same place 3 times by a gun before I knew of the dangers, and thanks to the divine powers my ear still looks fine, but if I had known I definitely would have waited until I saved up to get it done elsewhere!

Advertisement