Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you know much about Microsoft Word please help!

Options
  • 16-06-2012 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I use Windows XP on my desktop in work, with Microsoft Office 2007 - and on my laptop I have Windows 7 installed and Microsoft Office 2010...

I use both machines for college assignments, and save them to Dropbox so I can access them where ever I need.

But when I work on a word document on one machine, and then open it on the other, there seems to be some formatting issues. Actually the main one is that it seems to take out spaces between some words, and in some cases adds in extra spaces between words.

It also effects the word count function. Say an assignment must be between 2,500 and 3,000 words for example - I have to state the word count at the end of the assignment.

On one machine the word count will read 2,792 but on the other machine it will read 2,853 or something mad like that!!!

Are there any solutions apart from manually double-checking every time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I would make sure Office 2010 is saving in 2007 format, see if that makes a difference.
    It might be saving to .docx instead of.doc?

Advertisement