Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL team you hate the most any why?

Options
  • 15-06-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

What team to you hate the most and Why?

If you had to pick one team that you hate which team would it be.
    There are many teams i don't like e.g. San Jose,Florida,Ottawa,Islanders but the one team I hate the most is Phoenix.

The Phoenix Coyotes have not been a successful NHL team at all (yes they made the playoffs but they are still NHL owned and don't draw money), I personally think Canada should have more NHL teams and Phoenix should be moved to Quebec.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭PMC83

eldingo wrote: »

There are many teams i don't like e.g. San Jose,Florida,Ottawa,Islanders but the one team I hate the most is Phoenix.

The Phoenix Coyotes have not been a successful NHL team at all (yes they made the playoffs but they are still NHL owned and don't draw money), I personally think Canada should have more NHL teams and Phoenix should be moved to Quebec.

Haters gotta Hate

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

eldingo wrote: »

I don't know why, but I could just never warm to the Canucks. Whilst franchises like Phoenix struggle perenially off-the-ice, I wouldn't hold that against the team or the fans (or lack thereof in Phoenix's case). But there is just something about Vancouver I've never liked. I guess last year's biting nonsense and rioting pretty much consolidated that for me. Though it did make for one of the most memorable series in recent years.

But in this part of the world, there tend to be plenty of Canucks fans floating about. So maybe best I leave it at that... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I really ****ing hate Vancouver.

Really don't like Montreal.

Can't stand Toronto, but I have the utmost respect for Brian Burke.

Philadelphia can kiss my arse (mostly because of their douchebag fans that I met in the Stanley Cup Finals), although some of the finest bartenders that I have ever come across...so that's Philly's one saving grace.

The New York Rangers for nearly destroying the NHL with their ridiculous spending over the past two decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Why does everyone hate the Canucks so much? I just don't get it. Is it due to the rioting? I think it is unfair to label a whole franchise as a result of the actions of a few idiots, who have probably never been to a game in their lives.

Personally, I can't stand the Philadelphia Cryers, miserable whinging g1ts. From being in Canada, the coverage given to the Maple Leafs makes you seriously dislike them. They are like the Yankees of Canadian hockey in terms of media coverage.

COYW wrote: »
    Why does everyone hate the Canucks so much? I just don't get it. Is it due to the rioting? I think it is unfair to label a whole franchise as a result of the actions of a few idiots, who have probably never been to a game in their lives. .

It has nothing to do with the rioting. It has everything to do with what is out on the ice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

It has nothing to do with the rioting. It has everything to do with what is out on the ice.

A better team than yours? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 46 the mer

I really ****ing hate Vancouver.

Really don't like Montreal.

Can't stand Toronto, but I have the utmost respect for Brian Burke.

Philadelphia can kiss my arse (mostly because of their douchebag fans that I met in the Stanley Cup Finals), although some of the finest bartenders that I have ever come across...so that's Philly's one saving grace.

The New York Rangers for nearly destroying the NHL with their ridiculous spending over the past two decades.
    from new york BITE ME

• Registered Users Posts: 46 the mer

my most hated team is the jersey devils simply because im from new york and ALL HAIL RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i dislike the penguins because they basically have team canada lol

the mer wrote: »
    from new york BITE ME

I guess the truth hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mart0

I'm a Devils fan so obligatory Ranger hate here.
    But the only team I hate more than those blue fairies are the Flyers. Screw the Flyers. Arrogant fans, Arrogant team, Arrogant attitude. Got nothing but dirty looks when I was in Philly 2 months ago wearing my Devils shirt. Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Again I think its pretty hilarious that people hate the Canucks. There is no team in the NHL that I can say I hate but there are individuals drive me insane. Even on the Canucks. I dont agree with hating an entire franchise. The commentators seem to feed people this bull****. I watched the game between the Canucks and the Bruins last season with all the scuffles. John Shorthouse just told it as it is, didnt really take sides, same with John Garrett.

Then I watched the same game a few months later and I think it was Jack Edwards commentating. Comments like "This is why the Canucks are the most hated hockey team in the national hockey league" and "Such an arrogant group of players" came from him. I was quite surprised but you'd love to hear it as a Bruins fan. For instance, I dont hate the bruins but I cant stand Brad Marchand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Crapbag wrote: »
    For instance, I dont hate the bruins but I cant stand Brad Marchand.

Agree with you on that. Cannot stand himself myself either. Comes across as a complete tosser on the ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

I do like the beef between himself and PK Subban though ever since Subban wiped him out on the ice a couple of seasons ago.. that's still one of my favorite hits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

His younger brother now plays for the bruins, should make some interesting family dinners.

One of the best Marchand moments , dangerous but he handled three of them.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    His younger brother now plays for the bruins, should make some interesting family dinners.

One of the best Marchand moments , dangerous but he handled three of them.

Another not too dissimilar moment against the Canucks here:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Toronto and Pittsburgh just piss me off to no end. Of course might be the fact that I from Buffalo and have been raised as a Sabres fan all my life.

Toronto and Pittsburgh just piss me off to no end. Of course might be the fact that I from Buffalo and have been raised as a Sabres fan all my life.

Surely a bit of a hatred of the Rangers thrown in too, for good measure?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Surely a bit of a hatred of the Rangers thrown in too, for good measure?
    I just do my best to ignore the rangers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i can't say i hate a team. but i have a strong dislike for the habs.........natural for a leafs fan to say though :p

boston kinda piss me off too. shítty attitude of some players on the ice

back in the day, it was LOL hartford whalers :p

Advertisement