Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used www.myphotobook.ie??

Options
  • 15-06-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Recently bought some Groupon coupons for this site in Germany. €5 for €25 worth of goods. I liked the way you can manipulate your photos on your own PC with their downloaded software. Much better than remote access sites like artscow.com.
    BUT - their help system is very poor and they don't respond to support requests (or when they do, it takes several days).
    Would be interested to hear from others who had experience using them.
    I did order one photobook and the quality was excellent but it was'nt cheap.
    My feeling at the minute is that artscow.com offers the best value and is easiest to use.
    Ger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

I downloaded their software in early December wi9th the aim of putting a Calendar together for the new year. I had really gotten into the design of the thing before I started reading all the other reviews of photobook.ie, .co.uk and .de (same company). A lot of those reviews are from a few years ago but the general concensus was poor support, and poor picture quality on delivery. This was kinda worrying but as I had let time slip (it was nearly mid-December and I wanted it for Christmas), I went ahead and put through an A3 calendar order. Have to say I'm glad that I did.

The software is really well put together and makes the process of designing your own custom Calendar fairly easy. This was what made the difference for me. Its not just a matter of picking your favourite 12-13 images and sticking them on a calendar page, you can tweak, crop, and re-position any number of images throughout the calendar.

Anyhoo, having decided to put one together, the only question was whether the Images would be delivered with the quality you'd expect and whether they would be delivered on time.

With regards to the quality I was very happy. Some of them were printed full page A3, and while the larger images werent razor sharp you'd need to be a real perfectionist to notice it. All the smaller images were bang on.

With regards to delivery. Well this is where I ended up dissapointed. They shipped standard instead of express (which I paid for) so I didnt get them till the 27th of December. It was an operational error I spose, and while the support guys responded to my complaint within a few hours, (and credited my account a sum of money to compensate for the shipping error) I still missed my deadline.

Overall I'd use them again. They were expensive but for something this personal I dont mind paying the money if they quality and product are good enough (they were). The Support was very good too.

I spose the best advice I can offer is download the software (I dont think you need to register or anything to test it out) and play around with it. The software is their big selling point, its the big plus for me. If that doesnt convince you look elsewhere.

lulu.com is another I may take a look at in the fuiture but for now I'm happy with what myphotobook.ie delivers.

Advertisement