Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake V Chris Brown - Nightclub Brawl

Options
  • 15-06-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2159544/Chris-Brown-Drake-nightclub-brawl-Police-investigate-gunshots-Manhattan-club.html
    Police are investigating whether shots were fired during the bottle-throwing brawl that reportedly took place between hip hop stars Chris Brown and Drake in a Manhattan nightclub.

Witnesses told the NYPD they heard a gun go off amid the ruckus in the early hours of Thursday, although none said they saw the weapon.

'We are investigating the possibility of gunshots fired at the club,' NYPD spokesman Paul Browne told the New York Daily News.

'We have several eyewitnesses telling detectives they heard what they believed to be shots fired during the disturbance.'

Witnesses claimed the brawl - which saw at least five people hospitalised - came after Brown and Drake scrapped over their former flame, singer Rihanna.
    On Thursday night, Brown's lawyer reportedly gave detectives 'physical evidence' allegedly proving Drake was involved in the fight - even though the hip hop artist said he had been outside.

Lawyer Mark Geragos went to the NYPD late on Thursday night to present evidence showing that Drake was one of the aggressors, law enforcement sources have claimed.

Brown is also reportedly being treated as a 'witness and victim' rather than a suspect in the melee, which turned the New York City nightclub, W.i.p, into a war zone.

Brown spoke to detectives about the incident late on Thursday night, yet Drake has not.

There have been conflicting reports about what happened at the SoHo nightspot.

Witnesses claimed the two recording stars started fighting after Brown sent Drake a bottle of champagne as a peace offering - which was promptly snubbed by Drake.

He reportedly sent the bottle back with a note: 'I'm f****** the love of your life, deal with it.'

Brown, 23, dated Rihanna until she dumped him after he savagely beat her in 2009. After their breakup, the beauty from Barbados was romantically linked with rapper Drake.

The New York Police Department is investigating the fight.

A spokesman said investigators believe Brown, his bodyguard and a woman with him were trying to leave the club about 4am when they were confronted by five members of Drake's posse.

As they were squaring off, someone - police don't know who yet - threw a bottle.

Drake, whose real name is Aubrey Drake Grahawas not in the group that confronted Chris Brown, NYPD Lt John Grimple told Mail Online.

One of the club-goers caught in the middle of the fracas was Hollie C, an Australian tourist who was rushed to Bellevue Hospital after she was smashed in the head with a flying bottle during the fight.

A gruesome photo shows a gash in her head and her face covered with blood. She needed 16 stitches to close the wound.

Hollie told TMZ.com she went to W.i.P. with friends on Wednesday night, unaware they were sitting in between two angry rappers and their entourages. Suddenly, all hell broke loose.

'Within a few moments of noticing glass being thrown around, I saw a glass bottle headed towards me, consequently hitting me in the head.' she told TMZ. 'I immediately started to bleed and proceeded to fall in and out of consciousness.'

She was one of eight people treated as a result of the fight. Hollie and four others had nothing to do with the bar brawl.

Tony Parker, the French basketball player who was once married to actress Eva Longoria, also claimed he was hurt during the fight.

I was quietly with my friends when a fight broke out. Bottles started flying everywhere. I tried to protect my girlfriend and I got everything,' Parker told French website Direct Star.

'The cornea is affected. I cannot do anything for seven days. Wear a therapeutic contact lens and I get drops. I was lucky, that I almost had to get stitches.'

Big Pat, Chris Brown's bodyguard, was photographed laying in a hospital bed with a bloody wound on his head. He was seen out in Manhattan on Thursday with the cut visible on his head.

Chris Brown was also injured. He posted a picture of a gash on his chin, apparently sustained from the fight with Drake. His female companion was also hurt.

In the wake of the horrific injuries, the New York City Council has called for an emergency meeting with nightclub owners and police to look into policies for selling bottled drinks.

City Council Speaker Christine C. Quinn released a statement on Friday that read: 'I am deeply concerned by reports of the bottle throwing melee that injured more than five people in SoHo this week.

That is why I have immediately convened an emergency meeting next week between my office, the NYPD, and the nightlife industry.'

The purpose of this meeting is to send a clear message to all nightclub patrons that bottles cannot be used as weapons and to determine if the guidelines surrounding bottle service need to be updated or reworked.'
    After Drake snubbed Brown's bottle of champagne, Brown reportedly flew into a rage and confronted Drake, according to website Global Grind.

Drake allegedly threw a punch but before the singer could retaliate, another man hit Brown in the face with a bottle.

A source told the New York Post: 'They were on opposite sides of the room, Drake went over to the middle of the club to talk to someone, then words were exchanged with Chris and his entourage.

The source said someone from Drake's entourage, possibly the singer himself, threw a bottle.

'Once the bottle was thrown, all hell broke loose and there were more bottles thrown.'
    The fight allegedly kicked off as the last song was playing, just before 4 a.m.

Police were already at the scene because it was closing time and that they 'were on it in seconds and began getting everyone out of the club.'
    Pictures of the aftermath show the club floor strewn with broken glass.
    Brown was pulled out of the situation by his own security and helped out of the club while Drake was pulled to the back of the club, the source said. '[Drake] was one of the last out of W.I.P.'

Police were looking at surveillance footage and talking to patrons who witnessed the melee. No arrests have been made and no complaints filed.
    In a separate incident, just a day after the brawl, the bar's owner Jonathan Cantor was arrested after out-of-control music at his other venue, Greenhouse in SoHo, the New York Post reported.

Drake has denied he was involved in 'any kind last night at W.i.P.' His spokeswoman said in a statement: 'He was on his way out of the club when the altercation began.

Brown and Drake have had a war of words since both being romantically attached to Rihanna. The fight will further fuel rumours regarding the closeness of Rihanna to Chris Brown.

Earlier this week the pair partied at the same club for the second time in as many days, leaving within minutes of each other.

TMZ reported the pair were in the club together for around 30 minutes and Brown spent some time with the 'Rude Girl' singer at her table.

Sitting in different booths, the couple still 'kept a close eye on each other' - and Brown sent her over two bottles of Ace of Spades Champagne.

A video surfaced earlier this week of the pair leaving the club minutes apart.
    The lovelorn pair have been linked together several times already this year, after it emerged that they had recorded songs with each other.

There's some pictures and a video on the link posted above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

1 - Daily mail really?
    2 - Mentioned before
    3 - Posting the whole article even with a link is against boards rules iirc/afaik
    4 - IDK about them or their fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the tourist that got hurt has a serious amount of money coming her way ! and that basketball player is lucky, could of lost an eye.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

1 - Daily mail really?
    2 - Mentioned before
    3 - Posting the whole article even with a link is against boards rules iirc/afaik
    4 - IDK about them or their fights.

Not against the rules yet, the link to the source has been provided as well so its all good.

There are videos online, none of them have any shots fired. Some top notch investigative jounalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dont believe anything the papers say, what a load of bollocks, trying to make hip hop look like a dangerous business by talking about shots being fired. Tabloids are scum for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That is amazingly good. Drake in the wheelchair and all. Priceless material there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

399056.gif&size=400x1000

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Dumb and Dumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

These stars always gets into some or other controversies... Something always happens at the parties....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I heard rumours they are going to have a charity boxing match.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I heard rumours they are going to have a charity boxing match.

heard that myself but if drake is too pus*y to battle another mc through music, he defiantly woudnt fight them 1 v 1.

heard that myself but if drake is too pus*y to battle another mc through music, he defiantly woudnt fight them 1 v 1.

And Drake would probably have to wear a wig and hotpants because that's how Chris Brown rolls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Chris Brown is used to hitting women, he'd win.

Edit: Only saw that there, you beat me to it ^ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I like Drake but he's a pussy.

chris brown released a diss song towards drake, dont knows whos song this is originally. the game is also on it for some reason.

horrible diss.

is that kanye at around the 3 min mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

chris brown released a diss song towards drake, dont knows whos song this is originally. the game is also on it for some reason.

horrible diss.

It's a GOOD music track, Kanye, Big Sean, Pusha T...Game and Chris Brown did their own separate verses over the beat, someone just put them all together.

PrettyBoy wrote: »

horrible diss.

It's a GOOD music track, Kanye, Big Sean, Pusha T...Game and Chris Brown did their own separate verses over the beat, someone just put them all together.

Ye the actual original by chief keef and the remix with game,kanye,jadakiss,big Sean etc are great, gave them a good few spins last night.

Bit of a weak verse from brown but he's not really a rapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A **** nigga, that’s that **** I don’t like
    They throwin’ bottles, I’m throwin’ models
    Just ’cause I give a bitch long pipe
    Doing shows on the soccer field, that’s dome right?
    I be singin’, he be singin’, so it’s on sight
    But hold up, I ain’t give a nigga no green light
    This head up, my bread up, one-on-one, what you scared, bruh?
    Matter fact, take care bruh, you a pussy nigga
    My nigga Tunechi, yeah that nigga nice
    Shout out to Nicki, man that ass tight
    Them eyebrows, man, them ****s is yikes
    OVO, you overdosed, screamin’ YOLO no, I live twice.

I wonder if Drake will come back with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Advertisement