Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 slim, blue screen issue

Options
  • 15-06-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Evening everyone,

Having a bit of trouble with my 2 year old PS3 slim.

Over the last few weeks I've been having a few issues with it freezing quite a lot. After holding the power button and resetting it I could always get it working again. Until the other night, it froze and then I wasn't able to reset it, no matter how many times I tried.

Trying to get it working this evening I got a few messages saying to plug my controller in, press the PS button and then restart it, but that wasn't helping. I eventually got to a blue screen with white text saying "setting information is corrupted. Press the X buton to repair and restore default settings". Pressing X would restart the system and it would just boot to a blank blue screen. No matter what I did I would always return to a blank blue screen.

I can now only boot in safe mode. Having rang Playstation support the guy told me my only choice was to choose option (5) Restore PS3 System. This will wipe and re-format my hard drive.

So my questions is, is there anyway I can back up my hard drive? I can't get to the menu since the console wn't boot properly but I'd be gutted if I was to loose all my Skyrim and BF3 data.

Thanks in advance,
    Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭waynestledger

KetzerF wrote: »
    Evening everyone,

Having a bit of trouble with my 2 year old PS3 slim.

Over the last few weeks I've been having a few issues with it freezing quite a lot. After holding the power button and resetting it I could always get it working again. Until the other night, it froze and then I wasn't able to reset it, no matter how many times I tried.

Trying to get it working this evening I got a few messages saying to plug my controller in, press the PS button and then restart it, but that wasn't helping. I eventually got to a blue screen with white text saying "setting information is corrupted. Press the X buton to repair and restore default settings". Pressing X would restart the system and it would just boot to a blank blue screen. No matter what I did I would always return to a blank blue screen.

I can now only boot in safe mode. Having rang Playstation support the guy told me my only choice was to choose option (5) Restore PS3 System. This will wipe and re-format my hard drive.

So my questions is, is there anyway I can back up my hard drive? I can't get to the menu since the console wn't boot properly but I'd be gutted if I was to loose all my Skyrim and BF3 data.

Thanks in advance,
    Kev

Hi sorry to hear that bout your ps3 i just had a ps3 fat with red light of death but i fixed it myself lucky.

For yours did you try and hold down the power button of ps3 for 10 seconds waiting for two beeps that might help also try and change video output form HDMI 2 scart or vice versa.

If that doesnt work maybe bring it back to the shop you bought it from and they will replace it for you. but will suck losing all your stats.

Hope this helped a bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

dont you mean yellow light of death

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KetzerF

Thanks for your reply Wayne.

Pretty sure it's not YLOD. Have tried holding the power button for 10 seconds, resetting it etc. but I could only get it to start in safe mode. It seems that the hard drive had been corrupted and my only option was to restore the system...

In the end I restored the hard drive, lost everything on it but the PS3 is working fine now, so at least that's something...

Cheers

Advertisement