Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limit to backdated JSA Claim?

Options
  • 15-06-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey all

got a question for you. Im currently waiting on my JSA for the last 9 weeks. I was told by someone that there is a limit of up to 6 weeks on how much the claim can be back dated. Is this true? So i would lose 3 weeks claim off the bat. I seem to be having a really hard time with the claim this time. Though i shouldn't have a problem.

Any help on this would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

EdenCyrus wrote: »
    Hey all

got a question for you. Im currently waiting on my JSA for the last 9 weeks. I was told by someone that there is a limit of up to 6 weeks on how much the claim can be back dated. Is this true? So i would lose 3 weeks claim off the bat. I seem to be having a really hard time with the claim this time. Though i shouldn't have a problem.

Any help on this would be really appreciated!

Your claim will be backdated to the date you made your claim. I think that the person who told you this is referring to the situation whereby you do not make your claim straight away when you are unemployed and in this situation this claim can only be backdated 6 months depending on the circumstances.

While you are waiting for your jsa claim to be processed you can apply for supplementary welfare allowance through your community welfare officer. Any monies paid to you on swa will be deducted from arrears of your jsa and will be paid back to swa scheme.

Advertisement