Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few lets plays series

Options
  • 15-06-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys I have started up a youtube channel doing some lets plays and some informative videos.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys would check them out and perhaps give some feedback.

A few of the videos have some audio issues but they are usually just the first videos in the series and I have adjusted the audio for the later episodes.

Anyways let me know what you think.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhyL33Why?feature=mhee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Can you provide more info instead of just linking your channel?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WhyLeeWhy

Tallon wrote: »
    Can you provide more info instead of just linking your channel?!

Sorry bout that I was looking for more feedback than viewers if you get me. Trying to get as wide feedback as possible.

Anyway a little about me. I am 25 and I live in Cork city. I have been an avid gamer for a number of years and I have even played competitively for a while in counter strike source. I am currently taking a bit of a break from competitive play until possibly csgo comes out and if it is any good I may go back playing competitive in that and if it isnt I will go back to source. I recently bought a new pc and I started my youtube channel because I have a tendency to talk to myself about stuff in games and said I might as well capture that and see if people like my ramblings.

My current lets play series are as follows.

F1 2011
    Krater
    Max payne 3
    Civilization V

I also put up random videos too of other games such as cs:go.

F1 2011
    I have always loved f1 games and I always seem to do my own sort of commentary when driving so this was the first video series I have done. The idea behind this series is to make it a challenge but not so hard that there is no action. The challenge settings are compete in a season starting every race with almost no practice and from last on the grid. The reason I say almost no practice is sometimes I need to restart the race and I try to say that I did in the videos but I do try and avoid that. I start from last because there will be more action in the videos by doing it this way.

Max Payne 3
    This is the first max payne game I have played and so I thought I would record it. The game and videos however seem to be lacking views and the game itself is not exactly enticing me to play it. I find the amount of cut scenes boring and the action kinda repetitive so this may be axed for a better series.

Civilization V
    I have been playing this for a while and like the games chilled out pace. I like strategy games but turn based seems more relaxed and gives me time to plan how to defend and attack. I try with this series to outline what and why I am doing things to best of my knowledge and I welcome people to point out stupid things I do or just give information on something I may not know.

Krater
    Is a new top down squad based action game that caught my eye. It looks quite interesting as it has some of the rpg elements I like and the action seems simple enough to grasp. With this you get to see me being a little stupid as these types of games are not my strongest and so you can laugh at me failing.

I have just started a schedule for my videos and I plan to put out at least 1 video a day mon-fri. The videos will range between 15-20mins long. The f1 being the longest and max payne will be between 15-20 mins depending on the cut scenes. krater and civ 5 are easier to control time so they are around 15 mins. I record the videos and render them in 1080p where possible and 720p where not. I am not quite happy with the sound quality in a few videos and I am thinking of taking them down and redoing them where possible or just taking them off altogther but still undecided about that.

Anyway thats about it so please feel free to leave feedback because without it I will continue to make mistakes be it sound levels or poor video quality etc.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Excellent reply, thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Your stuff looks good and the quality is excellent.Just keep uploading and after a few weeks people will find the channel and it'll start to grow a good bit then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WhyLeeWhy

Thanks guys.

It can be hard to keep doing videos when there is less than 5 views after a week. I may axe the max payne series for the reasons I stated above and put 2 videos of the f1 out a week because that seems the most reliably viewed if you get me and I am finding it more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

TBH, I find at first it's hard to get momentum, but simply putting out good content and making sure it's tagged well will mean people will see it.

My channel is small enough, but at this point more people in America view it than Ireland- which is ,I consider, well done at my channel is basically replays of the Irish lads playing each other at fighting games.

It took months to get to the point where I had regular viewers though, so try to keep the faith and plug away at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

WhyLeeWhy wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

It can be hard to keep doing videos when there is less than 5 views after a week. I may axe the max payne series for the reasons I stated above and put 2 videos of the f1 out a week because that seems the most reliably viewed if you get me and I am finding it more fun.

Just a suggestion, if you put up videos around F1 races you're much more likely to get views on F1 vids

Advertisement