Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Crafters: In the Spotlight - GavMcG

Options
  • 15-06-2012 4:12pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought we'd try something new on the forum. We'll try this as weekly thing and see how it goes. Anyone with more questions or suggestions for next week's spotlight, feel free to comment :)

In the spotlight this week, its long time boards server mod, GavMcG!
    skinec.png

What piqued your interest in Minecraft?
    Like most people, I heard about minecraft from youtube and regular youtube gamers. I somehow managed to come across a video by a guy known as david64yt. He did a series by the name of X's adventures in Minecraft. The series went on for 30+ episodes and I joined in about 20 episodes in.

How long have you been playing Minecraft?
    From my posts here on boards I can see that I first started playing multiplayer in April 2011 and I originally bought the game in February. So all in all I have been playing minecraft for more than a year and a half.

What's your greatest achievement in the game?
    I would have to say building the Skypark resort on the original Boards/Tallon server. Found out about the server from a video made by JX23. Server spotlight I think the series was called.
    The building was three large skyscrapers connected at the roof by an open park. Took me and Bear_Grylls over a week to build and fully furnish. I can only imagine how long it would have taken with the new sky height

What's the worst way to die in Minecraft?
    I think most of you would agree that there is nothing worse than tunneling along a stripmine, knocking into a lava pool and frantically scrolling through your hot bar tring to get a bit of dirt to plug the hole. Was never good at quick thinking XD

If you could re-create anything in Minecraft, what would it be and why?
    That's a difficult one. I would have to say something big and Irish like the GPO but god only knows how long it would take me to build it.

What other games do you play?
    Definitely an FPS man. Love games like Battlefield and Cod but rarely have the time to get involved. You really need to put in the time to make them enjoyable to play. Love a bit of AOE or RedAlert. (You'd think I would be into Starcraft as well but to be honest I have never really played them)
    Started out as a young kid on Quake and Unreal Tournament in my uncle's house so I think that's where I got it from.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Great idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I got into MC the exact same way:pac: Those X's Adventures videos were epic:P

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Nice, can't wait to see some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Wow I'm first! :)

Cool. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Also looks good in Rachel's outfit :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement