Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would we be entitled to??

Options
  • 15-06-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

hi hope someone can help me just looking for some advice please. this is my story, i am seeing a girl for 1 year she has a 7 year old son from a previous relationship has never gotton any maintenance (father dissapeared to eng) she is on lone parent and living in a rented house ,pays 700euro per month and recieves 400 euro rent allowance per month and pays the balance herself. if i was to move in with her and go LEGAL what would we be entitled to ? i work full time 40 hours per week at 9.75 per hour.would we lose all of the rent allowance or could i claim fis? or would she be entitled to any benifits?? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

house45 wrote: »
    hi hope someone can help me just looking for some advice please. this is my story, i am seeing a girl for 1 year she has a 7 year old son from a previous relationship has never gotton any maintenance (father dissapeared to eng) she is on lone parent and living in a rented house ,pays 700euro per month and recieves 400 euro rent allowance per month and pays the balance herself. if i was to move in with her and go LEGAL what would we be entitled to ? i work full time 40 hours per week at 9.75 per hour.would we lose all of the rent allowance or could i claim fis? or would she be entitled to any benifits?? thanks

She will lose her opf payment and afaik if you are working full time you do not qualify for rent allowance. I have done a rough calculation for fis and I have come up with a figure of €70 this is going on your gross pay for fis tax, prsi and usc are deducted before the figure is calculated so you can do you own calculation from this link http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW22/Pages/7Howismyaveragefamilyincomecalculated.aspx

If she were to apply for jobseekers allowance she would have to be looking for work I get a figure of €144 approx.

Advertisement