Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best red shirt

Options
  • 15-06-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

Which red shirt made the biggest impression on you? You know the sacrifice crew member in any star trek episode. Note they don't have to be wearing a red shirt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Can think of any memorable, maybe after some others post I'll think of some but DS9 used the Galaxy Class USS Odyssey in the red-shirt roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Which red shirt made the biggest impression on you? You know the sacrifice crew member in any star trek episode. Note they don't have to be wearing a red shirt.

Not sure if he counts as he is in a couple of early eps of voyager: Joseph Carey is my pick though.

He reappears for one episode in series 5 (?) inly to be shot in the chest mid transport.

Leaving behind a wife and two kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Most memorable red shirt death for me anyway. Was freaked out when I watched it first aged 7 or 8. It's not a heroic sacrifice, but something I'll always remember.

There was a MACO killed in Enterprise when he and Reed entered one of the Spheres, he was killed by a robotic arm that came down from the ceiling and then grabbed him and disintegrated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What about the redshirt in Encounter at Farpoint? The one Q froze for pointing a phaser at him, did he die?

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What about the redshirt in Encounter at Farpoint? The one Q froze for pointing a phaser at him, did he die?

He lived, one of the more luckier red shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Not sure if 2x appearances qualifies but if it does Ensign Sito would get my vote.

For a single appearance I'd go for: Ensign Jetal from Latent Image.

Honorable mention to the entire crew of Voyager in Course: Oblivion.

Advertisement