Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia, Germany, Spain, France

Options
  • 15-06-2012 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, first time poster on this forum I think.

Mods, you can move this into the main Euro 2012 thread but from reading the main thread, this appears to be a fairly popular bet with a few people so it might be handy to keep all the discussions here.

Ok, so I done a Lucky 15 for Russia, Germany, Spain and France to win their groups with $50 on each selection which cost me $750. I also put an additional $50 on each team as single bets to win their group so the grand total comes to $950.

I'm terrible with the fractions so the decimal odds I got at the time of placing the bets was Russia @ 2.3, Germany @ 2.0, Spain @ 1.45 and France @ 2.4.

I'm pretty new to this kind of thing so not sure what to do but basically,
    I'm trying to see what's the best way to reduce my risk in case a few of these mess up. I'll be waiting until after the France Ukraine game before doing anything anyway.

Should I be putting a few bets on some of the other teams (Poland/Czech etc) to win the groups or watch the games to see how they're panning out before doing anything? I'm in Australia atm so getting up at 4:45 am to watch the games is not ideal but I'll do it if needed. For example, I don't want the Germany Denmark going into the last 10 mins at 0:0 and risk a jammy last minute goal for the Danes messing up my Germany bet.

Or am I best to just sit tight and hope that the Lucky 15 comes in and don't bother placing any more bets? I've been checking the odds on Betfair but not sure what to do. Money's not an issue btw, I have enough to cover any potential bets I need to make.

Advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Like others, I've got a straight 4 team acca with each of those to win their groups at about 18/1. So you'd be in a slightly different position with the lucky 15. In my own position, I don't think I'll do anything except cross the fingers. Though if France somehow mess up today I might change my mind on that.

With large stakes involved as in your case, you should probably cover that bet if possible. Germany only need a draw and Spain will almost certainly only need a draw in their remaining game to top the group. Russia may need a win.

So in the case of Germany and Spain, putting something on them to be beaten is an option. You could also lay Russia to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Have Russia, Germany, Spain and France all to win their groups too. I wouldn't worry about Russia, that looks safe. A draw will do them for top spot and even at that, they'll have too much for Greece.

Germany will look after Denmark. Portugal showed there are goals in them. Again, a draw will be enough and they'll get at least that.

I'd fancy Spain to look after Croatia and if they only get a draw, I don't think Italy will beat us by more than 4 goals so I believe that would put Spain top on GD?

France is the tricky one. I'd be hopeful they'll top but with Ukraine winning their first game, they'll believe they can qualify and will fancy getting maybe a draw tonight. England still in contention for top spot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

on this accum aswel looks like loads got on.. need the french to win, there stats were great in last game hoopefully they will finish their chances today..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

this is looking even better after todays results. France now play Sweden who are already out.

Once theyre not outscored by England theyll top the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

yeah its looking good but if theres any shocks last day it can be ruined..

germany and russia have been really solid so far and looking really good for it.. france have better goal difference and better fixure and spain v croatia is gonna be a tough one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

so how to lock in profit since it seems no one won f**k all in this euros.

i got about 1,500gbp riding on them topping the group myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have a tenner on the 4 teams at 19/1. If it gets to last group im putting 50 on England at 2/1 to win the group. Is this the right thing to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

bet is over now ...Russia lost and finish third !! Hope you didn't have much on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

russia

EPIC FAIL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Cake Man wrote: »
    Have Russia, Germany, Spain and France all to win their groups too. I wouldn't worry about Russia, that looks safe. A draw will do them for top spot and even at that, they'll have too much for Greece.

Egg, please meet my friend face. Actually still disgusted by Russia, if it's one consolation I'm delighted that if my bet was going down, that those fcukers went down with it as punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

This fecked up in the end anyway. I covered my ass with England winning Group D but thought the other three would seal the deal. Russia really disappointing. They should've guaranteed top spot in Group A against the Poles.

Weird thing I noticed too. None of the 4 teams who were top of their groups after the first round of games managed to qualify from the group.

Advertisement