Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hercules Eplug 200Mb Mini Twin Pack Powerline Adapters e33.99

Options
  • 15-06-2012 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

Main features
    Ultra-compact ePlug adapter
    Up to 200 Mbits/s data rates
    Plug & Play installation
    One Ethernet 10/100Mbps port
    3 LED indicators for:
    Power
    PLC network quality (3 colors: green = excellent, orange = medium, red = weak)
    The Ethernet connection
    A pairing button to add a PLC adapter to an existing network
    Automatic energy-saving function
    Reset button to restore all settings

BOX CONTENTS
    2 ePlug 200 MINI adapters
    2 Ethernet cables

c6d3bd512cb2428ab6ed8e3.png

linky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

any chance you can add these to an existing set up thats not the same brand? can u mix and match?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

problem is that play.com don't deliver electronics to Ireland ...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

For about €39 including delivery you can get TP-Link from amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

nava wrote: »

I got the TP Link a few weeks ago and would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Vico1612 wrote: »
    problem is that play.com don't deliver electronics to Ireland ...

Play.com Delivery & Returns
    Free Delivery to the UK: within 3-5 working days from dispatch date
    Free Delivery to Europe: within 7-10 working days from dispatch date
    UK First Class Delivery: within 2-3 working days
    UK Express Delivery: next working day if ordered before 3pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

fearcruach wrote: »
    I got the TP Link a few weeks ago and would highly recommend it.

Same, currently have three of these in use at home and they're great. Used for gaming, streaming HD movies and live TV. Haven't had one issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kindalen

any good wifi versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Play.com Delivery & Returns
    Free Delivery to the UK: within 3-5 working days from dispatch date
    Free Delivery to Europe: within 7-10 working days from dispatch date
    UK First Class Delivery: within 2-3 working days
    UK Express Delivery: next working day if ordered before 3pm
    http://www.play.com/en/Helpdesk/Getting_started/Play_com_delivery_policy.aspx#free_delivery_outside_of_the_uk
    Play.com wrote:
    Unfortunately, we cannot deliver footwear, electronics, personal computers, gadgets, or mobile phones outside of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

+1 on the Tp Link. Had them for about a year now and no problems with streaming, gaming etc

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

kindalen wrote: »
    any good wifi versions?

Devolo dLAN 200 AV Wireless N Wireless router - 3-port switch (integrated) - EN, Fast EN, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, HomePlug AV (HPAV)

Game consoles, Internet TV sets, Blu-ray players, laptops and smartphones -more and more devices can be connected to the Internet. Whether using WLAN or a classic network cable - the dLAN 200 AV Wireless N is the solution. Using the compact devolo adapter, you can easily set up individual WLAN zones in the home and also connect up to three cable-based devices in the room to the Internet using just one dLAN adapter. Ideal for the living room and home office!

This is the one to get!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Devolo-1409-dLAN-Wireless-N-Starter/dp/B00472MMC6/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=MMEN150258

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kindalen

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

keredern wrote: »
    kindalen wrote: »
    any good wifi versions?

Devolo dLAN 200 AV Wireless N Wireless router - 3-port switch (integrated) - EN, Fast EN, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, HomePlug AV (HPAV)

Game consoles, Internet TV sets, Blu-ray players, laptops and smartphones -more and more devices can be connected to the Internet. Whether using WLAN or a classic network cable - the dLAN 200 AV Wireless N is the solution. Using the compact devolo adapter, you can easily set up individual WLAN zones in the home and also connect up to three cable-based devices in the room to the Internet using just one dLAN adapter. Ideal for the living room and home office!

This is the one to get!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Devolo-1409-dLAN-Wireless-N-Starter/dp/B00472MMC6/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=MMEN150258

Any one got the starter kit contents? I can't see it on my phone.

131 seems like a lot for a two plug set up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Comes up as just under £82 for me, so just over €100, but anyway...

This is a little more than a two plug setup as it is essentially a wired/wireless router and range extender. There are three ethernet ports on one of the plug units so three devices can be wired into your router at the remote location. This plug unit also acts as a wireless router which can extend the range of your existing wireless network if you have problems picking up wireless in certain parts of the house. Not bad for a hundred quid, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

blastman wrote: »
    Comes up as just under £82 for me, so just over €100, but anyway...

This is a little more than a two plug setup as it is essentially a wired/wireless router and range extender. There are three ethernet ports on one of the plug units so three devices can be wired into your router at the remote location. This plug unit also acts as a wireless router which can extend the range of your existing wireless network if you have problems picking up wireless in certain parts of the house. Not bad for a hundred quid, I'd say.

This is a good enough video review of the devolo one. Might get it eventually. Having both Wireless and Ethernet is handy. I Have a Huawei B260a modem and it has to be placed in an akward spot in a spare room to get good coverage, but that leaves poor WiFi coverage downstairs and no WiFi Coverage for the desktop or Smart Cinema in the living room.

So might be the handiest thing to do, I think the cheapest too.

I wonder can you set up the WiFi transmitter to be an extender and have the same network name pass and everything to avoid of having two different wireless networks in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

nava wrote: »

Thanks for this, Nava - bought the TP Link ones on your recommendation, got them yesterday, watching Netflix on a WD Live in my bedroom minutes later.
    I'd recommend the TP Link ones to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I wonder can you set up the WiFi transmitter to be an extender and have the same network name pass and everything to avoid of having two different wireless networks in the house.

As far as I know you can do this, but you need to use one of the wired connections to do it, you can't use a wireless connection. I can remember all the ins and outs, but as far as I know that's how it normally works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

keredern wrote: »

Homeplugs and wireless sounds like a nightmare recipe for lag. However, 3 ports on the homeplug is handy enough.

Pick the same SSID, password and encryption type as the other connection but choose a channel a few numbers up so that it isn't overlapping the one you have. The laptop or whatever should easily be able to switch between them then.
    Here's some details of channel ranges to help you pick ones that don't overlap. Better if you don't pick the numbers there as they're the ones that people will use most often, but keep a minimum of the same distance.

Advertisement