Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job bridge query

Options
  • 15-06-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I went for an interview this week and got offered the internship with job bridge yesterday afternoon. Just have a few questions about it as I have never had a job bridge role before. I was working on a fixed contract but it finished last Oct, I was on job seekers benefit but that finished up last week so am grateful to have this for now. A few questions

Now that my job seekers finished up last week what happens will I only get paid the €50 a week for working?
    If so can I still claim for credits so that I can build them up again?
    The internship is for 6 mths if an employer wants to keep you on after the 6 mths does he have to make you an employee or does he extend your internship?
    I also have another job bridge interview tomorrow if I like this and end up getting placement I guess I can give a wks notice in the other place and there is no hassle
    I presume you can apply for jobs, go for interviews, go to social welfare while on this also once the employer is notified.
    What is the job bridge process? I heard it had changed slightly in Jan the host organisation (employer) wants me to come in on Monday do I/they get a form and does it come from social welfare, job bridge or FAS ?? I take its the form will get signed and handed back to SW and they will check everything is ok.

Sorry for all the questions but am new to this JB thing I only got it late yesterday so I couldnt ring SW to check and usually when I ring they never answer :mad: I will contact Job Bridge tomorrow as it all happened so quick I want to get a few things sorted out before I start. Just seeing if anyone has been on the job bridge for some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

You have to be on a Social Welfare claim to go on a Job Bridge internship. If you are on credits then you will only receive th €50 top up. Otherwise it is €50 on top of your current rate. If you are offered a place you should receive a form called UP51c, you bring this to SW and they will complete it if you qualify and return it to JB,if you do not qualify they will return it to you. On the day you start the host organisation will log on the JB website and confirm your start date. This info then goes from JB to FAS then to SW and the additional €50 will be added to your claim and then you can be paid into the bank and excused from signing. This can take up to 4 weeks but the payment will be backdated. You can leave an internship with 1 weeks notice from either party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

miss choc wrote: »
    I went for an interview this week and got offered the internship with job bridge yesterday afternoon. Just have a few questions about it as I have never had a job bridge role before. I was working on a fixed contract but it finished last Oct, I was on job seekers benefit but that finished up last week so am grateful to have this for now. A few questions

Now that my job seekers finished up last week what happens will I only get paid the €50 a week for working?
    If so can I still claim for credits so that I can build them up again?
    The internship is for 6 mths if an employer wants to keep you on after the 6 mths does he have to make you an employee or does he extend your internship?
    I also have another job bridge interview tomorrow if I like this and end up getting placement I guess I can give a wks notice in the other place and there is no hassle
    I presume you can apply for jobs, go for interviews, go to social welfare while on this also once the employer is notified.
    What is the job bridge process? I heard it had changed slightly in Jan the host organisation (employer) wants me to come in on Monday do I/they get a form and does it come from social welfare, job bridge or FAS ?? I take its the form will get signed and handed back to SW and they will check everything is ok.

Sorry for all the questions but am new to this JB thing I only got it late yesterday so I couldnt ring SW to check and usually when I ring they never answer :mad: I will contact Job Bridge tomorrow as it all happened so quick I want to get a few things sorted out before I start. Just seeing if anyone has been on the job bridge for some advice.

If your jsb has exhausted you should apply for jobseekers allowance which is means tested whatever you are awarded on jsa you will also get the €50 top up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I dont think jobbridge give you an extension,they either take you or they dont,there have been less than 400 out of seven thousand interns taken on,its a bit of a job blocker..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 catk123

I am currently on a jobbridge internship and i was on job seekers allowance. i started the internship three weeks ago. i got a form from my employer and had to bring it into sw with your bank details as you will be getting paid into the bank whilst you are on jb, they signed it photocopied it and gave it back to me. then last week i got a text from jobbridge to say welcome so i presume this week my money will go into my bank account (hopefully) but it takes an extra two weeks for the extra 50 euro to be paid as far as i know.
    Also i dont think your employer can extend the 6 months to 9 months they will have to actually offer you a job after the 6 months.
    hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more lol, pm me if you like :)

Advertisement