Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Allowance & Casual Dockets

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I have just been transferred from BTEA to Jobseekers Allowance for the summer months.

I have also just been successful in gaining weekend employment, starting this Saturday. I will be paid by my employer once monthly.

I informed Social Welfare today and have been told I will need to fill out casual dockets. I was also informed that I would not receive any payment next week at the post office as JA operates a week in arrears.

My concern is, how am I expected to meet my outgoing obligations for next week, i.e rent and credit union payments etc.

I would appreciate any advice. I was also wondering if it would be possible to wait until I get paid to start the casual dockets? Has anyone experience of this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

If you do not have any money to support yourself then you can go to your Community Welfare Officer to get a Supplementary Welfare Allowance. The CWO will need proof that you have no means of supporting yourself so bring copies of bank and credit union statements wth you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monkey tree

Thanks for your reply!

Advertisement