Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$ /pound crisis

Options
  • 14-06-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

$/pound keep reverting to qe yet its called eurocrisis........

euro is only game in town ............. building strenght

Euro devalues and increases exports by playing up our weakness!!

Great few years ahead!!!

Yet everyone thinks its nearly game over for euro!!!.....its brilliant

euro`s here to stay!!!!

Greek exit fairytales,yet everyone believes.

MY OPINION ONLY:cool:anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Have you noticed that every time the Euro weakens, a US Treasury official talks up QE, causing disdepreciation (is that a word yet?) of the Euro. Anyway, that is only an aside; I think you are overlooking some problems.

In terms of devaluation, since we have no major external borrowing needs, you seem to be talking about a deliberate and planned devaluation of the euro in what is called an 'unsteralised' forex intervention... or at least that is what I amtaking from your post. Obviously, that creates all sorts of problems, not least the fact that doing so is illegal. This is something that Japan does all the time, but the European Treaties do not allow for it.

Furthermore, such devaluation would not benefit the most deindustrialised European economies, such as the Greeks, Portuguese and Spanish. We still need to find a solution for these economies. Not all of the Euros woes can be undone via devaluation, but I do agree that overall it would be a helpful measure in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭euroboom13

I`m not saying that they are intentionally causing crisis ,but i honestly believe that they are intentionally delaying fixing the crisis so they can maximise the benefits of a lower valued currency.

there is no douth that a quick fix could be used but all it would do is restrict german trade!

so happy days,let the thing roll on .

If desaster pokes a head up!act

It seems to be hurting pound /$/yen alot more!!

I do believe a solution is at the ready if needed,and will be used at some point!

Waiting is working better!

I dont believe a greek exit would ever be possible,and that germany will not act untill greece comply.......much easier to keep starving their economy till they comply.

The fairytale of a greek exit as i call it is working.
    bank of england are acting today to show how serious this election is but the eu arent that bothered,because either pro or anti bailout they win....for england pro speeds up solution,anti is same solution ,just a little more starving

EURO building strenght......(i would like growth now but can see the status que)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

euroboom13 wrote: »
    I`m not saying that they are intentionally causing crisis ,but i honestly believe that they are intentionally delaying fixing the crisis so they can maximise the benefits of a lower valued currency.
    If we take Germany as a good example, the Euro has always been undervalued relative to the German economy - some accounts say by up to 40%.

When or if the crisis is resolved, the euro will still be undervalued relative to the stronger economies of EMU. Perhaps not always to the same extent, but there will be increased stability within the Euro area - an area responsible for 60% of all German exports. So what you're suggesting is not exactly a credible advantage to the stronger European economies like that of Germany.
    so happy days,let the thing roll on .
    Leaving aside what I have just said, there is no transfer union as yet in the EMU. Therefore I'm really struggling to understand how this could be a good thing for deindustrialised economies; the only direct benefactors of German trade success is Germany - unless its government undertake a dramatically expansionary fiscal policy, which is obviously unlikely to happen.

later12 wrote: »
    If we take Germany as a good example, the Euro has always been undervalued relative to the German economy - some accounts say by up to 40%.

When or if the crisis is resolved, the euro will still be undervalued relative to the stronger economies of EMU. Perhaps not always to the same extent, but there will be increased stability within the Euro area - an area responsible for 60% of all German exports. So what you're suggesting is not exactly a credible advantage to the stronger European economies like that of Germany.

Leaving aside what I have just said, there is no transfer union as yet in the EMU. Therefore I'm really struggling to understand how this could be a good thing for deindustrialised economies; the only direct benefactors of German trade success is Germany - unless its government undertake a dramatically expansionary fiscal policy, which is obviously unlikely to happen.

my point of views that the euro is going to be the stronger currency, like stirling was and dollar has been.

Which means a decade european dominated world growth...

i agree that unless there is a system where,small countries get special subsidies to incourage a spread of centralised wealth,that ireland will struggle but....

europe is only starting to grow...and massively and eire is going with it,which is hughly possitive as a oppose to what we are led to believe!!!

What i`m hearing everyday is we are f*8ked,house prices arent going up for the next 20yrs,we`re revert to stirling,greek nouncence,cameron euro break up,punt nua,atm shutdown,emigrate now,dont buy property,never a good day again....which is the same rubbish as celtic tiger,never a bad day,wish i bought last year,my house worth 1,000,000m,b@#llox

TRUTH is, euro is gaining strength which will have possitive effects on european growth,and wither it picks up rapidly are not, it is starting to improve........which means modest (or greater) inflation that will reduce debts and improve house prices and reduce negative equaty.....

Thats the possitive thinking that will incourage everyone.end of doom and gloom.

And i am sorry but it does need to be pointed out!!!its great HOPE:rolleyes:

Ignore the nightmares before bedtime,its just no where near the truth!!and never going to happen!

left concede......greece vote to stay in the euro........uh..uh ...who`d av figure....

but still crisis will continue ,and euro will stay cheap....

• Advertisement

next

massive ecb intervention to re-capilalise euro .......followed by irelands return to bond market

quessing again but it does seem to be coming

or alexander hamilton style redemption bonds ,one off euro restart to cap debts at 60% of gdp.(..all excess paid with a once only 20 yr eurobond)

follow by the mother of all bull markets....and $ decline:cool:

is there a game changer coming

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/jun/19/germany-surrenders-eurozone-bailout-fund?CMP=twt_fd

When? nearly there i`m thinking:pac:

Advertisement