Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 week blow dry

Options
  • 14-06-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I know there has always been a 12 week hair straightening blow dry, but recently I've heard about one that lasts for 4 week, thus its cheaper.

Does anyone know where I could get this done cheaply in S Dublin?

Has anyone got this done before?
    What were the effects like, and did it damage your hair at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bang_bang_rosie

I got it done for about €35 in Dublin. It didn't last long for me though, 3 days afterwards I was back using GHD's.

It doesn't do any damage it's more like an intensive treatment, which was nice.

It might last longer for you. The 12 week blow dry only lasted 4/5 weeks for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭edgal

I got it done for about €35 in Dublin. It didn't last long for me though, 3 days afterwards I was back using GHD's.

It doesn't do any damage it's more like an intensive treatment, which was nice.

It might last longer for you. The 12 week blow dry only lasted 4/5 weeks for me too.

O so, with the 4 week one from once you'd washed your hair was back to its normal condition?
    How much did it cost to get the one that was meant to last 12 weeks?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bang_bang_rosie

edgal wrote: »
    O so, with the 4 week one from once you'd washed your hair was back to its normal condition?
    How much did it cost to get the one that was meant to last 12 weeks?

Thanks.

The 12 week was quite expensive was almost €200 (with a trim as well) I was in the salon for 4 hours! It takes ages. Would def get it done again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

edgal wrote: »
    I know there has always been a 12 week hair straightening blow dry, but recently I've heard about one that lasts for 4 week, thus its cheaper.

Does anyone know where I could get this done cheaply in S Dublin?

Has anyone got this done before?
    What were the effects like, and did it damage your hair at all?

I have never gotten the 4 week blow dry but see it on dealpage regularly for €25-€30. I get the 12 week blow dry though, there are a number of different products on the market the art team in d2 are doing a special at the mo €125 which includes after care products they use formula called qod, my sister got it done about 2 years ago and found it straightens as well as defrizzes it lasts at least 16 weeks (it is actually called the 16 week blow dry). My favourite place is Susan Barry hair design in mount merrion She is the best at it IMHO if you quote salon addict it costs €120 which includes after care products plus follow up blow dry after 3 days (the product has to stay in for 72 hours you can't get your hair wet or tie it up) it is called global keratin. If you check out www.salonaddict.ie you will see loads of hairdressers who offer it and prices. I have very very thick curly hair and it lasts me probably 6 months but I always use the the shampoo and conditioner. Susan sells it for €15 each. She is amazing and doesn't scrimp on product. I think the average head uses 50ml but I need 80ml. Noel higgins charged me €250 but that included products (this was keratin complex brand which is no longer on the market). He is now using keratherapy as are blow who charge €80 but does not include aftercare products. I wouldn't go on holidays without it in my hair as the humidity sends my hair crazy but with the 12 week it is always do smooth. I still blow dry it straight and run over with ghds but it only takes 10-15mins as opposed to 45-60mins without. I like to get my hair coloured and cut at the same time as 12 week blow dry and it would take about 3 hours. If I just get 12 week blow dry it probably only takes 90mins-2 hours.

Advertisement