Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

separated men

Options
  • 14-06-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

my cousin has just received a request from her ex husband looking for her ppsn as he needs it for the social welfare. She thinks he has lost his job and is applying for the dole. They are apart a few days under a year at this stage.
    Can he be made go for maintenance against her even though he is the one who left? She works full time. How will he be assessed? Does it matter yet as I am sure he will be on benefit not allowance for the next while anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

MariMel wrote: »
    my cousin has just received a request from her ex husband looking for her ppsn as he needs it for the social welfare. She thinks he has lost his job and is applying for the dole. They are apart a few days under a year at this stage.
    Can he be made go for maintenance against her even though he is the one who left? She works full time. How will he be assessed? Does it matter yet as I am sure he will be on benefit not allowance for the next while anyway?

There is no reason why he would need her ppsn number for him to claim jobseekers. Sw will not make him seek maintenance from her unless their are children involved and children live with him and he is applying for one parent family.

Advertisement