Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P90

Options
  • 14-06-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering about P90 internals: which brand to purchase from? Any need for upgrades or tweaks? and if so what to be looking at?
    Bit of an amateur with a lot of this and I would really like to get a P90 but wouldn't know where to start. Hope this is in the right place as it's a technical question?

--Armour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

P90 Manufacturers:

- CA Sportsline
    - CA Proline
    - King Arms
    - KS
    - Tokyo Marui

As far as upgrades go, there's nothing gearbox wise. You can add a MOSFET to reduce wear and tear on trigger contacts, which are awkward to replace due to switch assemblies/harnesses being next to impossible to find for the P90.

Depending on the brand you might want to swap out the nylon bushings in favour of brass ones or bearings. Otherwise there's not much I'd do.

Barrel and Hop are worth changing. Madbull 247mm 6.03 Black Python II are excellent, and I'd pair that with a G&G green hop or SHS white. I prefer the G&G, but happily use the SHS when G&G Green is not available. You can also use a ProWin P90 hop up chamber, as some chambers do not feature fantastic levels of adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Wow! Thanks for that information Inari. Much appreciated.
    Now what brand, do you think, would be the better of those listed?
    I have heard that Tokyo Marui seem to be the favoured, but are expesnive. If I were replacing/upgrading parts of the gun then would getting a cheaper option be recommended?
    Lastly: Do you know which shops would sell them? (either online or retail please)

Thanks a lot :)

--Armour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Brand wise it's a difficult one. I have a KS P90, and it's grand. I've replaced the barrel for a Deep Fire 247mm 6.02mm TBB, and G&G Green hop up rubber and it's great. Haven't had to do anything else to it, but now I am very tempted by the King Arms version.

The KA P90 has the proper upper receiver i.e. it has the proper iron sights, and sits at the right height, whereas all of the other ones do not. As a result I am strongly considering it.

The TM one, if bought, I wouldn't recommend changing anything. It has the best hop up out of them all, without a doubt. Their stock barrels are also of a very high quality. KA's externals are much nicer, but the TM will shoot a little better.

It's all down to what you're looking for I guess :)

Well in terms of the brand, from what I can tell, they all look the same minus trade(?) however the internals of the Marui, as you said, are of the best.
    Now if I could buy the KS or KA, upgrade it till it has great accuracy, decent rate of fire (mostly CQB of course), so that it's closer to 320ish FPS etc. All the while I want it durable. I fired a friend's Cybergun P90 recently and it was very good but he had a few problems after a few months, needing it serviced.

I wonder if buying a King Arms and upgrading it to be better/on par with the Marui would be cheaper/more efficient than just buying the Marui?

Sorry for being so jumbled up but I am clueless with this.

Where would I be able to buy the KS, KA or TM?

Would you recommend the P90 as a CQB weapon of choice?

The M4 was a bit slow an heavy for me and I have loved the look of the P90 since MGS2 and Stargate some 10 years ago haha

Cheers(sorry for long post)
    --Armour

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭josh68

hi hobby airsoft have the ks and kingarms p90 in stock and most any upgrade parts you need ,,you can drop up there and ask for kevin or robbie the would help with any thing ,,,i use a p90 ks and never had any real problems with it but would be thinking very hard about getting the kingarms one soon,,hope this helps :):)

• Advertisement

Hi Josh thanks for letting me know :)
    I met Kev there a couple weeks back at CQB Tallaght. Very nice helpful guy.
    I was just checking their website and I can only see the classic army model. Have they just not stuck it up yet?
    I might get the King arms model and then if any upgrades or services need to be done I'll do them as I do them :L
    If I do get the King Arms one, do you lads reckon it would be on par with the Marui?

Thanks for the help btw

--Armour

Advertisement