Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2012 Anime Chart

Options
  • 14-06-2012 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Okaaaay... I thought I posted this already but I can't find the thread >_< So here it is, the Summer 2012 Anime chart!

iTmEHRGzZgJgq.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

And here's a link to a season preview: http://thecartdriver.com/summer-2012-anime-season-preview/ and some of the PVs: http://tentacleactions.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/2012-anime-summer-season-pvs/

I won't be watching much this season as I'll be in Australia for most of it :( Gonna be keeping up with Hyouka and Accel World from this season anyway.

K-ON film getting a DVD release in July though..... GET HYPE!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

Nothing that interests me at all this summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Liked moyashimon, looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Really excited for Yuru Yuri season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Well the first series of Dog Days and Kyokai Senjou no Horizon were really good so I'll check out those follow ups, might check out the Berserk movies too, oh and should check out the Ika Musume and Corpse party specials, the Corpse Party game on psp was great at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

A few good shows there. I would be interested in Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse as it looks kinda cyberpunk, Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Utah Koi and Sankarea.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

Yay, dog days gonna be out this summer, this is one anticipated anime's for me this year, also i'm itching to watch some OVAs and Specials listed above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Looks like a slow season but I'll be trying out everything until about episode 3 at least.

If people are interested in discussing episodes as they come out a while back A few of us setup a group on Facebook for general hype and discussion of airing shows. It's a bit of craic and the IRC channel doesn't have an easy way to post spoilers so join for a while if you like the sound of it. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ruabriongloid

Good grief either anime is way too convoluted or too simple.

:/ disappointing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marianeB

Cool. I will surely love the upcoming anime. :)

• Advertisement

Still no Joshiriku or Lagrange S2 subs :(

Fansubbers, I trusted you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

any good shows yet? Im not going to pick up any until someone recommends one as being good.

Loads of good slice of life.

Aside from that I'd recommend Humanity had Declined, Sword Art Online and Binbougami ga! Moyashimon Returns is great if you've seen the first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Liquid_Origin

I've been watching Accel World and that's pretty awesome. Started on Sword Art Online tonight, and that's really impressive. Can't wait for the rest of it to come out...

While I'm posting, does anyone know of any anime similar to the two I mentioned above? The kind of game/cyber thing? Or even what the genre would be called? I've watched .Hack, and I've started watching an anime from last year called C-The Money of Possibility and Control and I really like that kind of theme.

Would be much appreciated :)

I've been watching Accel World and that's pretty awesome. Started on Sword Art Online tonight, and that's really impressive. Can't wait for the rest of it to come out...

While I'm posting, does anyone know of any anime similar to the two I mentioned above? The kind of game/cyber thing? Or even what the genre would be called? I've watched .Hack, and I've started watching an anime from last year called C-The Money of Possibility and Control and I really like that kind of theme.

Would be much appreciated :)

Not EXACTLY the same, but Dennou Coil is kinda similar. Anime taking place in MMOPRGs are sort of rare, but there's a lot of .hack series.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Liquid_Origin

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Not EXACTLY the same, but Dennou Coil is kinda similar. Anime taking place in MMOPRGs are sort of rare, but there's a lot of .hack series.

Aha! It sounds pretty good and looks alright with just a cursory glance. Thanks for that :D

I didn't realise that there were more .Hacks than the twilight ones... I have a lot of watching to do >_>

Good thing it's summer!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have to say I'm really enjoying Sword Art Online at the moment. First time in about 2 years I've sat down and watched the first few episodes, eager for the third. Only 2 episodes in but I can see excellent things from it.

I have to say I'm really enjoying Sword Art Online at the moment. First time in about 2 years I've sat down and watched the first few episodes, eager for the third. Only 2 episodes in but I can see excellent things from it.

You should check out Accel World too which is still airing from last season. It's by the same author and takes place in the same universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RogueAlpha725

I will have to check some of these out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

thanks for the post! most of them we havent seen yet. i think my anime marathon is fully booked right now because of this information,. thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 carter2

Waiting to see Joshiraku.:D
    will be interesting to see them this summer!

Advertisement