Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers benefit

Options
  • 14-06-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, just wondering if someone can help me, I recently finished college and claimed for job seekers benefit, I got the letter Tuesday which said to collect my back pay weds, which I did, and says I will collect it on a Friday every other week but that signing on day is Tuesday. I live a good half hour away from the office and could not go in on Tuesday last...is there anyway they accept a form posted in? and will I get any money this Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you have to sign, you have to sign. If you are very far away from the office you can make arrangements to be considered for signing every 3 months, but you have to arrange it before.

If you dont turn up to sign, they can close you claim and it could be ages before you get back to being paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

If you missed your signing date, get in as soon as possible to explain.

If you are having particular difficulty in collecting payment you can ask to be paid electronically, but they will only do this if you can demonstrate a particular need. As above poster states, they can be flexible with signing arrangements to facilitate distance or other difficulty in signing.

Advertisement