Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

35mm Film

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi,

Could somebody recommend where I could get cheap 35mm film please? It doesn't need to be the best film or anything, but I just don't want to pay loads for a few rolls. In Berlin last summer I could get 3 for €10 but when I got home everywhere I've tried have told me they're about €7+ a roll (OK so I've not tried THAT many places)…

I'd rather get it in Dublin cheap that going online, though I'd welcome recommendations for either.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

Hey i haven't shot on film for a while but it used to be that gunns always did good deals on film.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

check about here, i got a few boxes of that unicare film, for free, alot of us did, I'm sure someone could donate a few rolls, I'm pretty much out an conserving my supplies sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Mr_Magpie

Thanks, I must check there. Admittedly I'm not much of the photographer or anything, I just prefer the quality of pictures from film.

Between using 35mm film and buying vinyl records I'm beginning to think that I was born in the wrong decade ;)

check about here, i got a few boxes of that unicare film, for free, alot of us did, I'm sure someone could donate a few rolls, I'm pretty much out an conserving my supplies sadly

ha thanks, keep your film for yourself sure. i was just surprised at the cost of film in dublin. i didn't even consider cost when i was taking pictures in berlin, but now that i'm back in dublin - oh god ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

used to be able heckle camera shops for some out of date stuff and a dirt price, but the hipsters have swooped into that market so i think its nearly more expensive these days for out of date stuff

• Advertisement

used to be able heckle camera shops for some out of date stuff and a dirt price, but the hipsters have swooped into that market so i think its nearly more expensive these days for out of date stuff

damned hipsters… i only hope i'm not one myself haha

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Havent got it in a while, but 7dayshop.com usually have good deals on it

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

some of the 1euro shops had some kodak 200asa for ,,, you guessed it, a euro a roll recently! Maybe check around a few of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Any updates on this? Will I be able to get a roll or two in the local chemist, or have they all given up stocking this vintage product?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Chemists will generally charge over the odds. Try ebay or Conns in Dublin do a deal if you buy 5 rolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭thefizz

The cheapest film I have in stock is €2.49 for Kodak Color Plus 200.

http://www.thephotoshop.ie/index.php?route=product/category&path=64

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Gunn have some Kodak 200 or Portra 400 for about €3 I think.

I was stuck and bought some Porta 400 in Boots and the photos came out quite poorly i.e. extremley grainy. Possibly due to poor storage. The layer of dust on it should have been a warning sign :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Gunn have some Kodak 200 or Portra 400 for about €3 I think.

I was stuck and bought some Porta 400 in Boots and the photos came out quite poorly i.e. extremley grainy. Possibly due to poor storage. The layer of dust on it should have been a warning sign :rolleyes:

If Gunns have in date Portra 400 for €3 a pop then they won't have it for long, because I'd buy up their entire stock and throw it in the freezer :)

I doubt it was portra 400 you got in Boots either, probably kodak gold or something.

If Gunns have in date Portra 400 for €3 a pop then they won't have it for long, because I'd buy up their entire stock and throw it in the freezer :)

I doubt it was portra 400 you got in Boots either, probably kodak gold or something.

Have the rolls at home, ill double check when Im there. Actually, now that I think.... It could have been Fuji Superia.... Damn...:o

I stand very much corrected :o I was way off, the Gunns cheapest film is the Kodak Color Plus 200 I think...

Advertisement