Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to country looking to compete

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I have only been here in Ireland for while I'm here studying I'm looking to compete in your mma I've had a few fights on small show around Europe I have a sambo and boxing back round I compete at light heavy weight I've travel to a few shows lately to see what kind of fighters there are I've seen a fighter Sean Crowe who look good I think he would be a good match up for me and wondering dose anyone no who his coaches are and would it be possible for me to maybe get matched with him or fighters at the same level..thank you hope you can help..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Are you training with a club? If not you will need to be with a club to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Dean09 wrote: »
    Are you training with a club? If not you will need to be with a club to compete.

Not necessarily to be honest-but better off.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Not necessarily to be honest-but better off.
    Really? So in theory could someone just get a fight on a card without being in a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Dean09 wrote: »
    Really? So in theory could someone just get a fight on a card without being in a club?

He could be his own coach/manager so for sure.
    that's not to say any gombeen can just do that but this lad has competed before.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    He could be his own coach/manager so for sure.
    that's not to say any gombeen can just do that but this lad has competed before.

Ah I see.
    I was always under the impression that promotions wouldn't really entertain you unless you were part of a club.
    Ya learn something new everyday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Hi I have only been here in Ireland for while I'm here studying I'm looking to compete in your mma I've had a few fights on small show around Europe I have a sambo and boxing back round I compete at light heavy weight I've travel to a few shows lately to see what kind of fighters there are I've seen a fighter Sean Crowe who look good I think he would be a good match up for me and wondering dose anyone no who his coaches are and would it be possible for me to maybe get matched with him or fighters at the same level..thank you hope you can help..

Sambofighter, if you're fighting independently (without a club/team/coach/manager) you need to contact promoters directly. Give them your full details - weight division, record etc. Include a link to a some video footage if you have it too.
    Some don't really want to deal directly with independent fighters, but if you have experience they'll take you more seriously.

If they have someone that would be a good matchup for you, they will propose the fight to both sides and if both agree it'll be set.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pccb

As sean crowes coach i have to respond to this call out. He is the most feared man in eastern europe since the 2nd world war. He will take on all comers after his fight with daragh kennedy at clan wars. Get me some background on u sambo fighter and im sure we can arrange it. They dont call him the iron curtain because of his hard trunks for nothing.
    Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sambofighter

I am living just outside Dublin so I will be looking to train in around that area and thanks for the help I will fight Sean Crowe on one of the up and coming show which I see there are many if he and his coach agree I no he dose not fear me nore do I fear him..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pccb

What is ur name/record/weight and star sign? Sean crowe now fights at light heavy after we got him off his addiction to sugar puffs. He takes a piss test every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

Is this the first fight organised completely on Boards ??

I will defintely be at this !!

Just hope they don,t find Sean switched to Special K as a Diuretic next time hes tested ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Sambofighter

I don't no if use are believing me but use will be hearing from me soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

I have no doubt you are serious ... and will be there to see it, if it happens

Advertisement