Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pendred Reflects on Cage Warriors 47; Aiming For Title Fight In Near Future

Options
  • 14-06-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I think we can all agree it was a monumental win for Cathal Pendred over David Bielkheden at Cage Warriors 47. The SBG man talks to Harry Williams for Your MMA to get his take on the bout and what's next for him:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/254/cathal-pendred-cage-warriors-47-victory-interview.htm
    “Considering the circumstances, I was delighted to come away with a win against a guy as experienced and dangerous as Bielkheden,” beamed Cathal. “I did drop him a few times and think I could have pushed more to finish the fight with my ground and pound, but he was tough as hell and I probably showed him a little too much respect on the ground.

"I dominated for the entire fight and a lapse in concentration in the last round let him back into the fight. I could go on; I'm my biggest critic. At the end of the day, I got a great win. I showed improvements in my game and I put on a ‘Fight of the Night’ performance so I'm very happy!”

Grimaud next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

Cathal would blast Grimaud out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He's fighting Rich Gorey at Cage Contender in July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He's fighting Rich Gorey at Cage Contender in July

Massive fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 YourMMA

Tell me more about this Gorey fella? 5-1 on Sherdog, all finishes but doesn't appear to have fought tough competition as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Top class judo, good powerful hands and upped his ground game with pedro bessa in cork

• Advertisement

Pendred is out of the Gorey fight now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Injury?

Dean09 wrote: »
    Injury?

medical suspension. 90 day no contact stemming from the Bielkeden fight. Shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That's a pity. Would've been a good fight. Is there someone else lined up for Gorey or is he just off the card altogether?

Dean09 wrote: »
    That's a pity. Would've been a good fight. Is there someone else lined up for Gorey or is he just off the card altogether?

AFAIK Gorey will still be on the card

• Advertisement
Advertisement