Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulingar Hopsital

Options
  • 14-06-2012 9:57am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My wife is due in a couple of days and we'll be having the baby there.

What is the hospital like?

Will I be able to stay with her the whole time or is their visiting hours? He sister had a baby there about 2 years ago and no one but the dad was allowed to visit. Is that still the case?

Is there lockers to keep her valuables in? Or should all that be left at home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Haven't had my baby yet but due in 10 days and I'll be going to Mullingar as well! The hospital is lovely the delivery wards have had a recent make over. The maternity wards only have 4 beds on each ward. Not too sure about visitors but it does say partners only. As for valuables the only thing that will be important to have with you is a camera and or a phone! Good luck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was thinking if we are there for a while that it might be handy to bring an ipad/laptop to pass the time but are these safe to leave in lockers etc?

Camera is all packed and ready to go.

It looks like the dad only rule is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Hiya,
    I had twins there last year and found them brilliant!
    Daddy is free to come and go during the day exceot for Mammy and Baby rest time which I think is roughly from 1 until 3 in the afternoon.
    Grand parents could visits during afternoon/ evening visiting times and from what I can remember they were allowed to bring in siblings of the new baby during the afternoon visiting hours.
    Unless absolutely necessary, Id leave valuables at home!
    Best of luck!

Advertisement