Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Induced

Options
  • 14-06-2012 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My wife is being induced tomorrow.

She had her final hospital check up on Tuesday and baby was due on Saturday.

Baby hasn't dropped and my wife is more or less bed ridden with back problems so it was decided that she would be induced.

We were given a leaflet that out lines the procedures and risks but I am wondering what peoples experience of this were.

Can we expect a long wait in the hospital?

If so I assume I'll need to bring plenty of stuff to occupy my wife?

Will I be able to stay with it her? Its in mulingar

Any other advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My partner was only allowed to stay during the day or at night time when I was in established labour and moved to my own delivery suite (this was in the Rotunda, you were induced on a ward and when you reached 3cms you were in established labour and moved to the delivery suit or if you were being given oxytocin you were started in the suite). If it becomes night and she is not in established labour you may be sent home.

Advertisement