Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Scan - How Long?

Options
  • 14-06-2012 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Going in with my partner tomorrow and I was just wondering how long the whole process takes i.e. meeting the midwife, doctor and all that?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

PCros wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Going in with my partner tomorrow and I was just wondering how long the whole process takes i.e. meeting the midwife, doctor and all that?

Many thanks

It took 3hrs for my visit. depend on what hospital. I saw the midwife, she took ages taking medical history. Then I got blood test, had to do a urine sample. The scan was the last thing, waited about 1hr and 30mins for that!

I was so excited that I didn't mind that much.

Hope it goes well. Bring some snacks with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

It will be in the Rotunda.

Thanks for the reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

PCros wrote: »
    It will be in the Rotunda.

Thanks for the reply!

Then it will take about 3hrs :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I think mine only took 2 ish hours, I was the Rotunda too and public. History was the longest bit, the waiting wasn't too bad, had BP taken, Urine taken, History, then queue for Blood test, then back to waiting area for queuing for the scan. What time is your appointment at? I was there the other day and they had 5 Dr.'s calling patients, there were first times, 28 weeks and 34 weeks in the queue and it still only took 1.5hrs.

Advertisement