Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for covering a bet please!!

Options
  • 13-06-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Have a massive bet nearly up, see below. What I am hoping to do is pray for 2 early goals and place a nice sum on under 2.5. Like most of my selections, Italy V Croatia Over 2.5 is against what bookies think at 6/4.

Any other ideas how I could cover, bearing in mind this is only a 10euro bet!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

wow :eek: dunno how to help you but good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah would love to have that quandry .. best of luck ... but do something !!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Yeah it's a tough situation to be in! I'd be mad not to cover. The only way I can think is to wait and see if an early goal goes in, then under 2.5 would be at least 7/4 or so depending on how early!

Oh and over 2.5 has gone from 6/4 to 7/5 to 27/20 to 5/4 since I placed the bet.

paulb06 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a tough situation to be in! I'd be mad not to cover. The only way I can think is to wait and see if an early goal goes in, then under 2.5 would be at least 7/4 or so depending on how early!

Oh and over 2.5 has gone from 6/4 to 7/5 to 27/20 to 5/4 since I placed the bet.

Any feeling for how much you're prepared to cover ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Barlett

Realistically you should probably go onto Betfair/Betdaq and lay the bet but you'll need a fair be of cash 'cause it'll be tied up for three days

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Any feeling for how much you're prepared to cover ?

No Idea at all. The last 2 games have had 2 or 3 goals in the first half. Here's hoping it's an open game, the Italy Spain game was such an end to end game aswell. Would preferably want Croatia to score the first goal (Early :))

........ Would preferably want Croatia to score the first goal (Early :))

Yeah agree completely ... defo need a Croat 1st goal .. Italians will park the bus I feel if they score first, knowing a draw/win will see them nicely ahead of last match against us .. prob with over 2.5 in this tournament is you need both to score I feel

Same prob in play as we speak @ 138/1

*edit* Bollix no longer a problem !!!!

betx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Yea but if there are no goals in the first 30 mins you'll get ****ty odds on under 2.5...

Yea but if there are no goals in the first 30 mins you'll get ****ty odds on under 2.5...

Yep I really don't know what to do. I don't have the money to lump on U2.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Very tough one to call... I wish you well with it, especially since I'm on overs tonight as well!:D

The ideal thing would be to lay with Betfair prior to k/o but if you don't have the cash up front for that then it makes it tricky.

Realistically in this game, if there's over 2.5 then it means both teams will score. So you could go with both not to score, almost evens available on that? Just an idea.

Edit: of course, if it ends 1-1 then please don't blame me! :P

• Advertisement

Personally if it was me I would deposit 300 and lay €250 @ 8/13 straight away to return 400 odd - keep €50 in reserve for the in-play market. If it wins withdraw my initial 300 tamarra and I still have 100 odd to play with from cover, plus potential winnings from the 50 in play ... if it loses you have a 1,800 return, withdrawing 1,500 I'd imagine..... just my 1 cent

I see the odds are shortening again, now into 6/5 from the initial price of 6/4. But that doesn't make a difference to me!

I would appreciate anyone who is online, their opinions during the game depending on what happens in the first 30 mins or so. I've about €300 to use to try cover.

Good man .. 300 gives you some leverage

Guaranteed 200. Needed that goal

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

how did you cover yourself?

Waited too long for a goal so the U2.5 odds dropped soooo quick, put it on U2.5 right after the goal, 4/6. here's hoping Croatia come out attacking.

Sick

Advertisement