Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporters who cant use recording equipment

Options
  • 13-06-2012 10:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

Recently on Today with PK there was an interesting report by (I think) Valerie Cox on aerial surveillance of turf cutters but it was ruined by the sh*te quality of her recording of her interview.

The same happened today on the Derek Mooney show with the first part of the interview on Parking Angels.

Its about time that these "reporters" actually got to grips with using their recording equipment- or are they all using bloody iphones to record with nowadays?:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Make a complaint instead of moaning about it

todaypk@rte.ie

mooney@rte.ie

complaints@rte.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

QuadLeo wrote: »
    Make a complaint instead of moaning about it

todaypk@rte.ie

mooney@rte.ie

complaints@rte.ie

Your links are helpful but your comment isn't.

Dismissing someone as 'moaning' because they raise a valid point is akin to telling them to shut up.

Whats the point in having a discussion forum if people cannot express an opinion?

I don't see the problem with the OP's comment and I actually think there is a better chance of action being taken to address the issue when it is raised in public, than by sending an email which would in all likelyhood, result in a standard template response.

You can be sure the production teams of radio programmes keep an eye on what is being said around here.

They'd be fools not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Its about time that these "reporters" actually got to grips with using their recording equipment- or are they all using bloody iphones to record with nowadays?:mad::mad:

I've just come out of a broadcasting college course and we all bought our own recording equipment however when we were on work experience in radio one of the girls in the class said we shouldn't have bothered because if we had a iphone most people are recording on those nowadays.

Dunno bout the reports on rte didn't hear them but if they were bad they shouldn't be used on radio. Fill the gap with a different story

Advertisement