Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying goods in YEN or from Japan, Good option???

Options
  • 13-06-2012 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

I was looking at a old thread about a PDI Hop-Up Unit that a person bought about a year ago from eHobby Asia for nearly $130. When a read more, Puding gave a link of a website that sold them in Yen for 4'998 (Roughly €40) and they sold other stuff from PDI and Raven.

If I ever wanted new parts for a bolt-action, would it be a good option to buy the stuff in Yen or from Japan? Would there be any problem with customs or shipping over-priced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I'm not sure I understand you.

The YEN is an extraordinarily strong currency, which is pushing the cost of all Japanese products up (i.e. one of the biggest contributing factors to the hike in TM's prices), so buying something in YEN just incurs currency conversion charges, just the same as it does in USD or GBP etc. I can't see buying something in YEN working out cheaper than the USD equivalent, but that's just my 2c.

Buying something from Japan is no different than buying from any other non-EU country. You will be liable for VAT and import duty.

Advertisement