Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working part time but haven't claimed JSA

Options
  • 13-06-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,
    I was made redundant in October 2009, from a full time job, and started working again on a 3 day on/ 3 day off for a different company in December 2009. I signed off once I got my new job, as I thought that was what you had to do.. I've been finding it very difficult to manage financially as my current job doesn't pay near as much as my previous job.

My question is would I be entitled to JSA for the days I'm not working, eventhough it is over 2.5 years ago since I was made redundant? or would I be able to apply for JSB?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

You won't qualify for JSB - for Benefit, you must have suffered a substantial loss in earnings/employment. As you have been working 3 days a week since 2009, there is no substantial loss.
    You can apply for JSA - this is means tested on your earnings. Just call to your local office and ask.

Advertisement