Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher repair - Zanussi or handyman?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

Our integrated Zanussi dishwasher is on the blink yet again. We've had Zanussi out a couple of times to do repairs, including changing the electronics control board in the door, which did the trick for a while but the same problem is back.

It took over a week to get them out and they didn't give a specific time and there was a hefty call-out fee. Taking time off work is a problem so I'd prefer to have someone that could come at a specific time. Is this kinda thing something that a suitable handyman can generally do or are you generally better off going to the manufacturer's repair person?

We have a potential issue with the fridge over frosting also so ideally a handyman familiar with appliance repair could do both, but I just wanted to sense check if it's a suitable option before looking for such a handyman.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are plenty of repair lads who are Zanusssi approved.
    I have a lad who does ours for us. He just charges for the call out & he claims the parts back off Zanussi.
    If your around Dublin give me a shout if you want his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 NIALLCONLY

does he repair Bosch integrated machines?

thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm not sure. I'll PM you his number if you want to give him a call.

Advertisement