Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will pulling out of erasmus jeopardise someone else's chances of going to Ireland?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi guys. I am due to go on erasmus in Prague in September.

The only thing is, I have a bad case of coilitis (inflammatory bowel disease). It is under control at the moment but it could easily flare up badly by the end of the summer. Flare ups can last for 2/3 weeks, and I don't think it would be a good idea being over in Prague with a bad case of colitis. Therefore, if I was to get quite sick again before September, it would be wise of me to just stay at home for the year in Ireland.

If this was the case and if this did happen... Would it intervere and affect the persons from Prague chance of going to Ireland studying for the year? Or would the person from Prague still be able to come over here, despite me not being able to go to Prague?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I don't know the answer to your question but even if it does, it shouldn't be much of a concern to you. If you're sick you're sick. Do what's best for your health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

No it won't affect anyone else. It's not an exchange program, there might not even be anyone from Prague coming to your college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kitna

definitely not - i went on erasmus and no one from the college i went to came to mine, it doesnt operate on a one in one out basis, the college just sets up partnerships and sees who wants to go that particular year. dont worry about it and feel better

Advertisement